PhotographyCorner.com 2012 Photograph of the Year: Rules
- Submitted photographs can be any size, but keep in mind they may be resized down to a maximum of 1024x1024 for parts of the contest.
- Submitted photographs must have been taken during the year of 2012 (photographs may be disqualified if EXIF data has been removed or shows that the photo was not taken in 2012).
- Photographs must be submitted before midnight, GMT, on January 4th, 2013.
- You must be a member, in good standing (your account cannot be suspended or banned) and with at least 25 posts, on the PhotographyCorner.com Forums or Photo Galleries (you can register for a FREE account here).
- Submitted photographs must not be heavily manipulated (minor edits like color correction are ok, but things like selective color, image stitching, HDR images and Orton effects are not acceptable). In addition, borders and signature stamps are also not permissible.
- Only one (1) photograph may be submitted per person. Users found with multiple accounts will have their photographs disqualified. Premiere Members are allowed to submit a maximum of two (2) photographs. Click here to become a Premiere Member.
- All images must be originals and must belong to the entrant; all rights in the photo must be the property of the entrant.
- Copyright of the submitted photographs remain with the photographer, however by submitting a photograph for this contest, you agree that your photograph can be displayed in the Contest Corner Photo Galleries, and throughout PhotographyCorner.com during and after the duration of the contest.
- PhotographyCorner.com reserves the right to change the rules of this contest without notification. Any and all rule changes will be posted on this web page.
- PhotographyCorner.com reserves the right to disqualify any entry we deem to be offensive, inappropriate or that is not in keeping with our Sponsors image, at their sole discretion.
- All decisions regarding photograph-eligibility made by PhotographyCorner.com are final and are are not available for review.
- Entrant must have sufficient written consent of any recognizable models or other persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant to PhotographyCorner.com the right to publish their photographic submission online, and by submitting a photograph to the contest, hereby grant to PhotographyCorner.com such right.
- Winners will be notified by private message on the PhotographyCorner.com Forums. Winners will have 2 weeks (14 days) from the date of attempted notification to contact us and accept their prizes. Noncompliance with this time period, with these Rules, or the return of any notification as undeliverable, may result in disqualification and, at the discretion of PhotographyCorner.com, the prize will be revoked and/or another winner announced.
- Void where prohibited by law. We reserve the right to verify all eligibility requirements. All applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- By participating, entrant agrees (i) to be bound by the terms of these Rules and the decisions of PhotographyCorner.com and the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to hold Sponsors, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of or in connection with participation in this Contest, acceptance, use or redemption of a prize, and/or use of any rights granted herein. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, damaged, undelivered entries or email; or for any other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the uploading of the entries, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or winners or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an individuals participation in the Contest.
The PhotographyCorner.com 2012 Photograph of the Year contest is proud to have the following companies as sponsors: