If you are interested in submitting an article or tutorial to the site, the below guideslines will help you create an article or tutorial that will easily be approved and placed on the site. Once you complete your article or tutorial, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
for review and approval.
Photography Resources Tips for creating a GREAT Tutorial/Article
- Put all the text of your resource either in a Word document, or save it as a .txt file
- Attach all photographs/screenshots seperately (i.e. don't include them in the Word document)
- Keep the images no wider that 550 pixels
- If photographs/screenshots are included with your resource, try to save them with decent quality, but with a small filesize, if possible - keep in mind, people on slower connections also access this site, so we want the tutorial to load in a decent amount of time
- When taking screen shots, unless it's necessary, try to have your screen shots limited to the menu screens (see image 1) as opposed to the entire screen (see image 2)
- When creating a tutorial with photographs/screenshots in them, within your text, indicate where each picture should be placed within the tutorial/article
- When naming the attached screenshots/photographs, instead of giving them creative names, just name them 01.jpg, 02.jpg, etc
- Try and show a beginning and ending photograph/screenshot so that people can compair the initial and final results
- When typing the text part of your article/tutorial, proofread your work before emailing it, and have it look and read well so that someone who has no idea what they're doing will be able to follow it easily
- Have fun while you're doing it!!!
- Once you're all done, email the tutorial to admin[at]photographycorner[dot]com
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Now let's get those tutorials & articles in!!! If you want to do one, but are not sure what to do, feel free to ask me, and I'm sure I can come up with something for you.