PhotographyCorner.com Forums - Conversation Between TenX and Ayjay

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > TenX

Conversation Between TenX and Ayjay
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Ayjay
    September 29th, 2009 07:49 AM
    Ayjay
    Hi Bill. I still haven't even thought of anything for the glasses (well, not that's practical anyway. I thought of some really out-there ideas, but they're just not possible). The only actual shots I've taken for any of the briefs were for bokeh. Don't know about you, but I'm not having much luck with it. It needs a lot more experimentation before I get it happening. Four weeks sounds like ages, but not when there's five photos to nail. Eeeeekkkkk.
  2. TenX
    September 28th, 2009 04:03 PM
    TenX
    Hi Ayjay, I've got ideas running rampant for the Canon shoot but nothing firm yet. I'd better start getting stuff together, we've only got roughly 4 weeks to get them in and work keeps me so tied up these days that I can only shoot on the weekend. I shot some with the glasses but I'm not happy with them...oh well, back to the drawing board.
  3. Ayjay
    September 21st, 2009 08:17 AM
    Ayjay
    Hi Bill. After going to the Canon site again, I realised that of course everyone gets the same things. Don't know what I was thinking! It would hardly be fair if we all got different items. It's pretty daunting but it's really making me think. I've got ideas for three of them, but not low light yet. And those spectacles - now that's tricky to come up with something unique. I tried out the bokeh - that's going to take some experimentation! Hope you're having fun with it all.
  4. TenX
    September 19th, 2009 04:56 PM
    TenX
    Hey Ayjay
    Glad to hear the box turned up. Yes, all contestants get the same contents. I'm not looking forward to the paint assignment...I'm not fond of mess! :-)
  5. Ayjay
    September 16th, 2009 07:40 AM
    Ayjay
    Hi Bill. I got my Canon mystery box today. Must admit to being excited, anxious and without inspiration. So far.

I'm guessing we all got the same 'ingredients'?????
  6. Ayjay
    March 29th, 2009 05:25 AM
    Ayjay
    Hi Bill. There wasn't anything really to tell about how I took the "Earth's Rotation' photo. Just handheld, no flash, small DOF, looking into one of those handmade Mexican glasses, containing some very old marbles. The horizontal streaks around the glass, which gave me the idea for the name, are just a natural 'deformity' in the glass. Looking through the camera, it reminded me of the time-lapse phots I've seen of night skies with the stars forming an arc. Something I've always wanted to try but have yet to.

I'm pleased you got my little joke about the marbles and that you can relate!!! Thanks.
  7. Ayjay
    March 28th, 2009 06:36 AM
    Ayjay
    Thanks for the message Bill. I hadn't even given a thought to what date my cameras may be showing on my exif data. Now I've checked, they appear to be showing the date the way you and I are familiar with, but maybe I'll change the date if I'm posting early in the month - as you pointed out it could be confusing, but for now it seems to be OK. Thanks again and have a good evening.
  8. TenX
    March 27th, 2009 05:07 PM
    TenX
    Hey Ajay
    I just realised when we were talking about dates in the challenge forum that your camera is set to record the US frormat date. Sorry about that carry on about date formats, all useless information to you I should think. Surely your camera can be set to imperial dates? What do you use?