Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Scott111184

Conversation Between Scott111184 and docgipe
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. docgipe
    April 14th, 2010 07:41 PM
    docgipe
    I took your response and hung in here. Little by little I am improving. Sorry but I never found this opportunity except by accident just this evening. Truth is I do not know how to send a link. Does not matter at this time.
    I entered a local club show. It was interesting to watch all the one ups man's ship and political pecking order actions as the general public viewed and judged the show. I saw what was on the wall but did not like or even vaguely appreciate what I could not understand. I saw some nice photos and a bunch of wierd stuff. Guess that is the way the world turns. One guy won a category with a landscape to which he had brought in an impossible moon. The orientation was wrong, the color per hour of the photo was way off. It looked like a shiney new silver dollar on a dark walnut table top. I think it would have looked good between two of those truck stop Elvis photos. Glad I was not the judge or by now I would be run out of town. LOL
  2. Scott111184
    January 21st, 2009 02:57 PM
    Scott111184
    It took me awhile to get used to the forum but once you get the hang of it, it is awesome. I am sorry to hear that your experience here has not been very pleasant so far. This is a smaller community than the usual forums out there so there is not as much traffic but I feel that it makes everyone closer and understand each other. If you send me a link to your photo you uploaded than it would be a pleasure to critique it and/or comment on it for you and if you have ANY questions be sure to let me know because i will do whatever i can to help you out. :)
  3. docgipe
    January 21st, 2009 02:09 PM
    docgipe
    Scott............this is my second attempt to figure out this site in two consective years. Per my knowlege the site is a bit unfriendly. I got half a dozen or so welcomes. I have posted a sampling of pix testing the air so to speak. I have no response to the pix. I tried to play the photo thread game but needed to understand html to do so. I do not know what html is other than the fact it is part of an address. I gave up last year and am about to do so again. The welcoming committee on this sight is very well hiden and obscure. The buddy system is non-existent. There must be intellegnet reason why folks spend bucks to belong but is sure is hard to find those reasons.