PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Allentown, PA (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   We're Meeting Up In Allentown! (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=96029)

Spicoli January 12th, 2011 03:45 PM

Re: We're Meeting Up In Allentown!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott111184 (Post 673958)
I'm gonna bring my Pelican 1650 with my umbrellas, 4 strobes and everything we should need for shoots. If anyone wants to use any of the gear yawl are more than welcome too. Is there anyone local (driving in) that has some flash stands you could bring, mine won't fit in the case.

Wow...y'all got some serious gear. :shock::shock: Im bringing 2 Canon Xti's and a couple of lenses and filters. Sall I gots. I wouldnt even know the first thing on how to use that stuff. :lol::lol::lol: gheesh...I dont even have a good flash anymore. :evil:

Scott111184 January 12th, 2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 673966)
Wow...y'all got some serious gear. :shock::shock: Im bringing 2 Canon Xti's and a couple of lenses and filters. Sall I gots. I wouldnt even know the first thing on how to use that stuff. :lol::lol::lol: gheesh...I dont even have a good flash anymore. :evil:

I don't have much really but figure I might as well bring it all. I really wanna bring my new boom but I guess if all else fails we could be each others light stands. :LOL:

I'll be bringing...

D300, D200, SB-800, SB-600, Vivitar 285HV X 2, Cybersyncs X 4, 8mm FE, 30mm f/1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f/2, 24-70mm f/2.8, CZ 100mm f/2, 70-200mm f/2.8 and about 60 AA'a and chargers! :LOL:

Do you have a gas mask Carl?

Spicoli January 12th, 2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott111184 (Post 673971)
I don't have much really but figure I might as well bring it all. I really wanna bring my new boom but I guess if all else fails we could be each others light stands. :LOL:

I'll be bringing...

D300, D200, SB-800, SB-600, Vivitar 285HV X 2, Cybersyncs X 4, 8mm FE, 30mm f/1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f/2, 24-70mm f/2.8, CZ 100mm f/2, 70-200mm f/2.8 and about 60 AA'a and chargers! :LOL:

Do you have a gas mask Carl?

I do have a gas mask, but Im not sure about bringing it across the border. I have enough troubles with the way I look. If I wear the gas mask, there will be real trouble. :P:P
If we can get to graffitti alley, with some models, Im planning on getting bringing some "horror" clothes. With those lights, I think we might score some cool images if we can get some willing victims. :):)
I picked up the gas mask on ebay for about 20bucks. I wish I could bring some of my props, but they are a little...no border crossing type stuff.

aheart2heart January 12th, 2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 673924)
Wow, this is starting to look for real now. :):) Awesome. Im in for the full 5 days/4nights. My plane arrives around noonish on Wednesday, and I leave around 6ish Sunday night. Right now there are still a lot of flights available on itravel for around the $400.00 range(taxes inc) with a stopover in Detroit. Travel insurance is about $70.00 on top of that, which I still have to get.

Everyone is welcome, and the more subjects we have to shoot the better. I can see a lot of portraits and stuff being shot in that graffitti alley place. T and I have been working on a bit of a horror shoot and might need victims. :shock::twisted::shock:
So far all of the places look amazing for photography, and it will be a laugh once everyone gets out there. Bring bail money. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

By the looks of the last "premiere projects" and all the days end alchol....bail money or a case of asprin....it's a toss up!

Scott111184 January 12th, 2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 673982)
I do have a gas mask, but Im not sure about bringing it across the border. I have enough troubles with the way I look. If I wear the gas mask, there will be real trouble. :P:P
If we can get to graffitti alley, with some models, Im planning on getting bringing some "horror" clothes. With those lights, I think we might score some cool images if we can get some willing victims. :):)
I picked up the gas mask on ebay for about 20bucks. I wish I could bring some of my props, but they are a little...no border crossing type stuff.

Oh yeah I think I asked you about that before, old age is getting to me. I'll try and pick on up here and pack it in my case, have some ideas. Might buy a fog machine while I'm there and give it to someone driving when were done. Either way it's gonna be an awesome trip!

So what kinda beer/liquor does everyone drink?

Scott111184 January 12th, 2011 06:11 PM

Has anyone heard if Tim was gonna be able to attend?

Tj_Delikat January 12th, 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott111184 (Post 673997)
Has anyone heard if Tim was gonna be able to attend?

It's a maybe. ;)

Tj_Delikat January 12th, 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott111184 (Post 673996)
Oh yeah I think I asked you about that before, old age is getting to me. I'll try and pick on up here and pack it in my case, have some ideas. Might buy a fog machine while I'm there and give it to someone driving when were done. Either way it's gonna be an awesome trip!

So what kinda beer/liquor does everyone drink?

If you can't find a gas mask, there is an Army Navy store nearby that may have one.

We can hit a liquor store if you want. One not too far away. The hotel also has a Sam Adams Brew Pub. http://www.hilehighvalley.com/

Tj_Delikat January 12th, 2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 673924)
So far all of the places look amazing for photography, and it will be a laugh once everyone gets out there. Bring bail money. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wonder if they'd let us bail each other out or if we'd have to call Tim to get us out? ;)
I asked my daughter if she'd bail me out...she said she'd be there with us. Good kid :LOL:

Off to find a local blood bank for Carl. :shock: ;)

Tj_Delikat January 12th, 2011 07:26 PM

Some of my photos from my last visit to Eastern State Pen (ESP).

Watch out for the ghost cats. :)