PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Conversation Corner (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Questions (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=8398)

sanguinelady May 16th, 2005 09:30 PM

Questions

Ok, I know I'm going to sound like a moron, but please bear with me as there is a method to my madness. I have some questions that I was gonna bother Tim with, but I thought I would bother you guys first instead...hehehe.

First of all, how many of you have kids that are interested in photography?
Second, do they check out The Corner with you?
Third, are they interested in posting their work for feedback?

Now the reason I ask...

My daughter is only 10, and she wants to post some of her work to get the feedback so that she can develop her skills. Her problem (if you call it that) is that she doesn't want to be critiqued like an adult. She wants the honest feedback but in a friendly way. (I guess in a tone more like a teacher would give rather than...well...us. ) Not to mention, she says that she would feel "really stupid" (shortened drastically compared to the elaborate speech she gave me) displaying her work next to adults.

So...I was basically just wondering if it would be a plausible idea to get a photo sharing/feedback/critique area especially for children or do you think the idea is totally far-fetched?

Menard May 16th, 2005 10:09 PM

She is welcome to post her pictures for critique on my site. We have a small number of members, but a standing policy of family friendly behavior, as it is store sponsored and we keep it in line with the values set by the store.

If that would interest you, I will provide the link, so long as Tim approves, as I don't want to step on his toes, so to speak.

Tim L. Walker May 16th, 2005 10:12 PM

If they were to preface their photos with their age (or put it in thei sig or something), they would receive completely civil treatment in the feedback corner, though I would recommend probably staying out of the critiques corner. ;) And Menard, feel free to PM Jessie your link... though I think we can behave ourselves here... :P

SteveJ May 16th, 2005 11:26 PM

Re: Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanguinelady
Not to mention, she says that she would feel "really stupid" (shortened drastically compared to the elaborate speech she gave me) displaying her work next to adults.

She could be right you know. :roll:

This needs careful consideration. :roll:

'cause she might just win one of the comps. :?

It's entirely real to say that many a time Kids have been shown to have a major talent.

Tim L. Walker May 16th, 2005 11:30 PM

I agree with Steve... and if we know she's a youngin', we'll be extra nice and encouraging as well (more so than we are to the adults... hehe). ;)

sanguinelady May 17th, 2005 12:19 AM

She says she'll give it a shot here. (Mommy of course will be hovering anxiously... :D )

Quote:

and if we know she's a youngin', we'll be extra nice and encouraging as well (more so than we are to the adults... hehe).

Thanks to all of you! I'm going to be putting her first post up for her tonight, so she can hopefully have some feedback afterschool tomorrow.

sanguinelady May 17th, 2005 12:35 AM

Okay...lol
Quote:

I'm going to be putting her first post up for her tonight,
Looks like I lied...gotta get thru the red tape...keep your eyes out for "LittleBit". :D That'll be her.

Tim L. Walker May 17th, 2005 12:37 AM

Sent you a PM... We'll get her online ASAP. :P