PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Things (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Old Tractor (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=124953)

30D August 12th, 2017 01:51 PM

Old Tractor

Shot this one with the Sony NEX7 in 590nm IR
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4394/...59db67b0_b.jpgOld Tractor by Jimmy, on Flickr
Sony NEX7 590nm IR
Sony 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 OSS
28mm @ f/11
1/160 sec.
ISO 400

OrvSal August 12th, 2017 06:31 PM

Re: Old Tractor

Nicely done with the IR, gives it a surreal look to it. Was the tractor abandoned or just parked? It's interesting how many farm equipment has been just left where they broke down.

agiledogs August 13th, 2017 01:42 AM

Is the IR apart of the camera? or special filter? or processing?

It relly gives a surreal look to the tractor

30D August 13th, 2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrvSal (Post 826333)
Nicely done with the IR, gives it a surreal look to it. Was the tractor abandoned or just parked? It's interesting how many farm equipment has been just left where they broke down.

Thanks for the comment Orv. The tractor is just parked. It still runs and drives, howerver, technology has far surpassed the old girl, and it only used on occasion now. The new models have auto steer, similar to auto pilot in an airplane. :grin::grin:

30D August 13th, 2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agiledogs (Post 826338)
Is the IR apart of the camera? or special filter? or processing?

It relly gives a surreal look to the tractor

Thanks for the kind comment Clark. The IR is part of the camera. I purchased the NEX7 as a standard color camera and then sent it to LifePixel and they removed the IR blocking filter and replaced that with the 590nm IR cut off filter. This filter also know as the "Super Color" allows some visible light to pass as well, adding some interesting colors during post. I have the NEX7 along with a Nikon D80 that is 850nm deep contrast B/W IR camera.

Spicoli August 14th, 2017 09:11 PM

Nicely done. What a cool choice to do this in IR :grin: Really gives it a nice feel.

agiledogs August 14th, 2017 11:11 PM

HOw does the focusing work with IR converted camera's I know with film there was something like a red dot on the older lenses for use with IR film

30D August 15th, 2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicoli (Post 826344)
Nicely done. What a cool choice to do this in IR :grin: Really gives it a nice feel.

Thank you sir. :grin::grin:

30D August 15th, 2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agiledogs (Post 826346)
HOw does the focusing work with IR converted camera's I know with film there was something like a red dot on the older lenses for use with IR film

This question is a little above my pay grade Clark :LOL::LOL:, but I will attemp to explain it, as it was explained to me. (Technical difficulties omitted :LOL:). With the mirrorless camera, the focus is achieved from the sensor, so the lens does not have to be recalibrated. On the D80 the lens (Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D) had to be calibrated to focus to focus IR light. The technical difficulties I spoke of. :grin: Also I use a 24mmf/2.8 AI-s that has the IR dot but that focus is hit and miss so to speak as the dot is not exact. Check out LifePixels web site they have a lot of information. Join us in IR, photograph light you cannot see, it's a blast. :grin::grin:

mrchile August 15th, 2017 12:18 PM

Really cool shot. Have you tried flipping the red Blue color channels?

Clark, with the experience from my converted D70, calibrated for variety of lenses, focus seems to be slightly beyond what you see through the viewfinder.
It's only a problem if you want to use a wide aperture though. f/8 and beyond seems to make it easy to focus.
I've been messing with it again and using a lens baby.
If I get anything interesting, I'll post.