PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Allentown, PA (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Next Allentown Meetup Planning on HOLD (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=103169)

Tj_Delikat February 3rd, 2012 04:59 PM

Next Allentown Meetup Planning on HOLD

Hi everyone. I have to put all plans for another meetup on hold indefinitely.

My husband has contracted Legionnaire's Disease, a type of pneumonia. It's a daily battle for survival right now as he's developed complications. We went away to celebrate our anniversary and his birthday and he got sick. :cry:

Please pray for him and send healing thoughts his way. He's been in the hospital for 12 days and on a breathing machine for the last 10. Once he is well enough to leave the hospital, he may need to go to a nursing home or rehab hospital. But, that may be quite a while from now.

cup4tml February 3rd, 2012 07:19 PM

Re: Next Allentown Meetup Planning on HOLD

So sorry to hear about hubby! Sending you and your husband good thoughts! Hang in there TJ!

Sleepingdragon February 3rd, 2012 08:19 PM

Tj so sorry to hear this. I'm sending tons of healing thoughts and strength to your husband and you.

20DNewbie February 5th, 2012 09:36 AM

T I'm sorry to hear of your hubbys illness, praying for a speedy recovery.

vickypa February 5th, 2012 03:04 PM

Sorry to here this bad news. Will be praying for his recovery!!

chellezfotoz February 5th, 2012 04:54 PM

I am so sorry to hear this TJ. Focus your energy on him...the rest of us can wait.
Thoughts and prayers for his recovery.

Tj_Delikat February 5th, 2012 07:54 PM

Marty is off the ventilator as of 9:30 this morning so that's a BIG step toward recovery! He's talking and already asking to eat and go home. He'll be in the hospital for possibly another full week or so. Doctors here are saying he had a very bad case of Legionnaires's Disease and they are thrilled to see he has rebounded this well and this quickly!

Thank you for the well wishes. I'll pass them along to him and I'll keep you posted on his progress. :smile:

And, please be sure to read up on this illness if you are planning on traveling anywhere! Unlike other strains of pneumonia, this disease attacks not only the lungs but the brain, muscle function, kidneys, and intestinal tract. Most people recover fully in a few months, but it's not uncommon to take a full year to recover.

Nikon_Mario February 5th, 2012 08:00 PM

Tj - please pass along my wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. And some for you too, to help ease the tension and anxiety that I know you must feel. Keep us posted, okey-dokey?

digital2006 February 6th, 2012 05:37 AM

Tj..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope your husband gets well real soon.

VTerlakyPhoto February 6th, 2012 08:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your husband's illness TJ, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery!