PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Contest Corner (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=114719)

Tim L. Walker April 4th, 2014 01:57 PM

Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Title: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green

Start Date: Friday, April 4th, 2014 (photos taken before this date are not eligible).

Entries Due By: Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 (entries are due in by midnight, and voting will begin the next day).

Sponsor: Think Tank Photo: A group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.

Prize: The winner will receive a Think Tank Photo CityWalker 30 (Blue) camera bag - a $165 value! Lightweight, soft and refined, these messenger bags have a hip-hugging form and room for a tablet or laptop. The fully removable insert enables you to go from a camera to messenger bag.

Description: No, we're not talking about money here - we're looking for photos of nature: green plants, grass, vegetables, etc. Get outside, looks for something growing that's green, take a photo, and send it in. No other restrictions. Go crazy.


READ BEFORE ENTERING: Before entering a photograph, be sure to read the guidelines and submission requirements listed here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back. Please make sure the photograph is taken during the contest period.

chellezfotoz April 5th, 2014 11:11 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Yay! CCC

Gems April 5th, 2014 11:14 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Green??? It's either still white, or a muddy brown colour here in Alberta. It's still below 0C when I get up in the mornings. Might have to go shopping. LOL

Tim L. Walker April 6th, 2014 03:17 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gems (Post 789654)
Green??? It's either still white, or a muddy brown colour here in Alberta. It's still below 0C when I get up in the mornings. Might have to go shopping. LOL

I know... same here. But I'm giving you 6 weeks for this one. It's bound to be green before the middle of May, right? ;)

Spicoli April 6th, 2014 04:35 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker (Post 789759)
I know... same here. But I'm giving you 6 weeks for this one. It's bound to be green before the middle of May, right? ;)

DANG>... I just ventured out in my backyard, for the first time since before the ice storm in December. Every bush, tree, and all the grass is annihilated. I still have 2" of water around the shed, and somehow the water got in my shed, which still has an inch of ice in there. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Hopefully green comes soon, but I know of a place.......:grin::grin:

anjin_nav April 6th, 2014 11:34 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
It ocurred to me here in Anchorage that finding green might be a challenge. Then is occurred to me the quote for this challenge was made famous in the movie "Jerry McGuire," referencing the color of US currency. And, Carl, aren't zombies often a shade of green? I hope to have time to participate, because this could make for some interesting concepts.

Spicoli April 7th, 2014 06:24 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjin_nav (Post 789796)
It ocurred to me here in Anchorage that finding green might be a challenge. Then is occurred to me the quote for this challenge was made famous in the movie "Jerry McGuire," referencing the color of US currency. And, Carl, aren't zombies often a shade of green? I hope to have time to participate, because this could make for some interesting concepts.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Yeah, kinda. Depends on which stage of decomposition they are in. :-)

Gems May 11th, 2014 06:15 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
A quick question... Does it have to be something growing (plant)? Or, anything green to do with nature?

Tim L. Walker May 14th, 2014 02:31 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gems (Post 791643)
A quick question... Does it have to be something growing (plant)? Or, anything green to do with nature?

Green to do with nature should be fine. ;)

Tim L. Walker May 14th, 2014 02:32 PM

Re: Contest Corner Challenge #109: Show Me the Green
 
Reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get your entries in!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.