PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Photography Equipment (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability? (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=123950)

shumi31 July 13th, 2016 04:35 AM

How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
I was thinking to buy a Nikon camera, so was just asking for your suggestions. How is Nikon camera in case of durability?

agiledogs July 13th, 2016 07:51 AM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
D300s --100,000+ clicks and still shooting
D4--------300,000+ clicks and still shooting
D750 recent purchase

Both the D4 and d300s had major work from water damage for electronics but as far as I know have their original shutters.

The_Animal July 14th, 2016 09:19 PM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
agiledogs; mine must see light use compared to yours. I'm at about 35,000. And planning on getting a second D300s. (can't afford to pick up the D500). Besides, I'm having too much fun acquiring Lee filters.

OP (shumi31): Nikon cameras are durable; I've got the D300s and it's built like a tank. The D4 even more so. If you're going for the pro models; the shutters are built to take a lot of abuse (short of dropping your camera on a regular basis). If you're going for the consumer grade, those shutters are rated for 65,000 shutter clicks, but will more often than not go over them by a considerable margin. So yes. Either consumer or professional grade cameras will be good solid cameras for the money.

shumi31 August 5th, 2016 04:51 AM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by agiledogs (Post 822685)
D300s --100,000+ clicks and still shooting
D4--------300,000+ clicks and still shooting
D750 recent purchase

Both the D4 and d300s had major work from water damage for electronics but as far as I know have their original shutters.

Wow thanks for the review, it was much needed.

shumi31 August 5th, 2016 04:52 AM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Animal (Post 822712)
agiledogs; mine must see light use compared to yours. I'm at about 35,000. And planning on getting a second D300s. (can't afford to pick up the D500). Besides, I'm having too much fun acquiring Lee filters.

OP (shumi31): Nikon cameras are durable; I've got the D300s and it's built like a tank. The D4 even more so. If you're going for the pro models; the shutters are built to take a lot of abuse (short of dropping your camera on a regular basis). If you're going for the consumer grade, those shutters are rated for 65,000 shutter clicks, but will more often than not go over them by a considerable margin. So yes. Either consumer or professional grade cameras will be good solid cameras for the money.

Thank you for your suggestion, now I will go for it.

MannyC August 5th, 2016 09:57 PM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
My first DLSR was the D80, 2 years of daily shooting as I was a beginner and no issues till my wife got it tail slapped by my pitbull into the jacuzzi. It was replaced with another D80 in 09, the D80 is still going strong with my son and daughter using it. I also have a D700 I bought in 2010 that is still being used daily by my son. I ended up buying another one as I gave the original to my son for his bday.
So yea, very dependable cameras and take beautiful captures.
99% of these are from those cameras, the other 1% is camera phones lol.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcanseco/

jerrywb August 25th, 2016 09:52 AM

Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?
 
I started with a Nikon F (film) in the early 1960s, then 2 Nikon-F2's with a motor drive, then my 1st digital a D70, moved up to a D300, 2 years later a D700 (full frame) and gave my brother-in-law the D70 (still working) and 3 years I ago purchased a D800 (full frame) which pushes image quality to that of a medium format film camera. If they fell apart with average use I would have never stuck with Nikon. 6 years ago I stepped on a Lacrosse ball at a game pitched face FWD (D300 - Nikon 80-400mm lens) that destroyed the lens, 2 parts & many pieces, that I figured could not be repaired (was restored to full factory specs) and had no damage to the camera body, had it checked and cleaned. Been a Happy Nikon owner for many a year... :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.