PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Places (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Setauket Pond (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=124865)

pith May 11th, 2017 06:19 PM

Setauket Pond

1 Attachment(s)
For years I've pretty much posted images out of camera with just slight adjustments to sharpen, contrast, saturation, etc. This one I've done a bit more to, but I'm not sure if it's over the top or not. :wink: pith

agiledogs May 11th, 2017 06:44 PM

Re: Setauket Pond

Pith your images have always been wonderful and this one is no exception. You gave all the colors just enough pop

pith May 11th, 2017 08:16 PM

Thank you dogs. ;)

mrchile May 13th, 2017 12:02 PM

I agree with Clark, but we're going to have to help you post bigger images so we can see them better.

pith May 13th, 2017 12:18 PM

Yeah I've been making them 800x534 because I though the cameras mps might be to much ;) pith

pith May 13th, 2017 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
trying 1024x689

DixieGirl May 14th, 2017 12:53 PM

Looks great! wonderful colors!!
Janet

mrchile May 14th, 2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pith (Post 825929)
Yeah I've been making them 800x534 because I though the cameras mps might be to much ;) pith

This one's better for my slowly aging eyes. But I'd still love to see the full size image from the 810. I know you can't post it here, but I bet you're getting some incredible stuff with that beast. I'm still on my old D300.

pith May 14th, 2017 06:01 PM

Thanks Dixie, and chile. I'll tell you the truth chile to this day the D300 had the best highlight dynamic range of any of the cameras I've owned. The thing that I like most about the 810 is the sharpness, and detail which is great. The noise is not great at high iso's, but then that's not what it's intended for ;) pith

agiledogs May 14th, 2017 06:10 PM

Much of the limitation may come from how one displays there image. Attachment images are limited in size furthermore size limitations mean different things between PCs and Mac users. I am not sure what this site's limit is but lets assume 250kb is the limit. a 250kb file on a pc is larger than 250kb on a Mac....for only 1 reason....Mac users cannot seem to handle the powers of 2 so decided to join with Hard drive manufacturers and assume that 1000bytes are in a KB instead of the actual 1024kb as per binary standards,

That being said that will limit file size for attachments or even uploads to the local galleries on public forums. Linking over form a hosting site like photobucket,, flickr, zenfolio can provide a means around that limitation allowing larger displays of images embedded in ones post.