PhotographyCorner.com Forums

PhotographyCorner.com Forums (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/index.php)
-   Allentown, PA (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Pneumonia (http://www.PHOTOGRAPHYCORNER.INFO/showthread.php?t=98676)

Nikon_Mario May 21st, 2011 09:29 AM

Pneumonia

Well, after struggling those last few days in Allentown, I got home on Sunday night and my wife was so concerned about my coughing and breathing that she took me to the hospital emergency ward. They diagnosed "a really bad cold" and gave me some meds to take. As of Friday, and after 5 days on those meds, I was feeling worse, not better. So I went to the local clinic to see my regular doctor. I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Whether this was a later development, or a mis-diagnosis in the first place, they couldn't really say.

Anyway, I am on the proper meds now and am told that I should see a significant improvement over the next few days.

I wanted to say that I have been enjoying seeing the photos getting posted, and that when I feel I have enough energy and semblance of rationality, I pull up a file or two of photos that I took and start to work through them. I am hoping to post a few over the next few days, but I am spending a lot of time sleeping right now.

Meanwhile - keep posting. I am really enjoying re-living the scenes through the photos. Some really awesome stuff.

agiledogs May 21st, 2011 09:54 AM

Re: Pneumonia

Rest well and take care of yourself. Heres to hoping for for a quick recovery.

Sasquatch May 21st, 2011 10:02 AM

Hang in there and get plenty of rest. It's the only way you can get past it. I was diagnosed with double pneumonia back in March of this year. Spent 3 weeks out of work basically sprawled out on my sofa. I was just so run down from coughing that I could never get a decent nights sleep, thus delaying any recovery.

While I'm over it now I still feel the effects daily when I go out to run. My lung capacity just isn't the same. Hopefully over time that will change.

Good Luck and Get Well!

mrchile May 21st, 2011 10:38 AM

I seem to have contracted some sort of lung infection as well. It started Friday evening when I returned home. This week has been one long cough fest.
I got antibiotics on Tuesday. Things seem to be clearing out now.

Mario, here's to a quick recovery for you.
John, I'm sure in time you'll be back to your old self. Your lungs went through a bad experience, and I'm sure the coughing took it's toll. You just have to give yourself time to heal. Don't push it too hard.

20DNewbie May 21st, 2011 01:08 PM

Quick, before you get better go back to the hospital and find the original Doc and lick his/her coffee cup a few times.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Sleepingdragon May 21st, 2011 02:28 PM

Mario glad to hear that you are on the mend. Please get plenty of rest. Looking forward to seeing your shots. :D

Oh yeah, thanks for keeping those germs up there in the front seat. :razz:

Sharna May 21st, 2011 02:49 PM

You have a good wife! I wondered where you've been and now I know. Please Rest! We'll be looking for your images when you're better.

Tj_Delikat May 21st, 2011 04:52 PM

I'm so glad you went to the hospital and to your regular doctor when the first meds didn't help. I so wanted to take you to the doctor here on Saturday morning. You seemed worse than you had the night before! Rest and get better soon!! :D

Spicoli May 22nd, 2011 07:54 AM

Oh No Mario.:( Ya know, when I heard you in the van cough, it sure sounded deep in the chest area. Damn. I hope you get well soon man. Take care, get lots of rest. :D:D:D

Tj_Delikat May 28th, 2011 09:43 AM

Hoping that you are much improved, Mario! :D