View Single Post
  #20    Top
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Toronto area meetup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
Lifes~So~Sweet, you'll have to catch up with us the next time!

Things are shaping up!
So, the following are in:

Jewel
Spicoli
Tim
nino85
Nikon_Mario

Possible:

VitaminB
cup4tml and the Mrs...

I know there's more out there, and maybe we'll pick up a few more, which would be GREAT!

Anyway - people want to suggest an actual meeting place and time? Jewel and Tim are driving from out of town, I'll be coming from Mississauga where I'm visiting my sister, and Doug might be coming in from St. Catherine's/Niagara area. Since Nino mentions 12, and VitaminB mentions a bar-b-q to attend later, we should set up a time, exchange cell phone numbers through PM's and make it happen.

I'm good with anything, but just to get the ball rolling, I'm going to suggest that those who can meet up at 10:30 and others will join as they arrive. Other suggestions welcome!

Carl, do you know the best place that we could park for the long term? The Distillery District is a short walk to the St, Lawrence area. Would that work? or is there a time limit on how long we can park there? Anyone know any where else?
Im coming in from Scarborough, and may TTC it unless I somebody needs a drive down. Im o.k for 10:30.
As for parking downtown, there is a lot across from the Distillery(not sure on cost, but I think it is about $8.00 for the day. It fills pretty quick, specially when there are events going on. Im a walker,(not the Tim version) and there is pleny of places around, but depends on how far away. TTC might be the best bet for anyone in the city.

Got a confirmation from Jeanney(Anty) that she is about 99% sure that she is coming. Anty lives at the foot of York street, so I will ask about parking around town. If we want to shoot Buskerfest, it is on Front street, so we could meet say....Dundas Square and hike down, or the Distillery and hike over.
Visit me here..Room57