All Corner Members are invited to attend the Corner Meetup for the Allentown/Philadelphia PA area!
When: May 11-15, 2011 (Come for 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 days!)
Your Hosts: Me, Mike Dorn (Strutter) and Carl Chalupa (Spicoli)
Plan your arrival time for around 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, May 11th. For those that are flying in, you should book your flight into the Lehigh Valley International (ABE) Airport. (Please email or private message your flight info to me so I can keep track of the arrivals.) Car rentals are available at the airport. Once I have an idea of how many are attending and staying over, I will look into a group rate at the hotels in the Allentown area and post the information ASAP so you can book your rooms.
Wednesday, May 11 – Arrival and get acquainted afternoon, possibly some nighttime/late day cemetery photography. For those who do not wish to do a cemetery walk, local towns of Bethlehem, Allentown, Easton are within a few minutes driving distance for photography, shopping, or lots of eateries/clubs.
Thursday, May 12 (Leave Allentown at 8AM) - Centrailia Pennsylvania - the ghost town of PA! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania
– I will check access to the area again in early April of 2011. If we are unable to visit the area, an alternate destination will be planned and announced. Alternate day trips: New York City, Gettysburg, PA, Jim Thorpe, PA or New Hope, PA if we are unable to visit Centralia. If wanted, some nighttime/late day cemetery photography. For those who do not wish to do a cemetery walk, local towns of Bethlehem, Allentown, Easton are within a few minutes driving distance for photography, shopping, or lots of eateries/clubs.
Thursday night - "Exit 22" show (Strutter's band) at Holiday Inn Breinigsville. Time to be announced.
Friday, May 13 - (Leave for Philadelphia at 8AM) – First stop: Eastern State Penitentiary! http://www.easternstate.org/
See where Al Capone spent 8 years of jail time and walk the cell blocks of history. Watch out for the ghost cats!! Then we’re off to Graffiti Alley in Philadelphia, PA. http://www.flickr.com/photos/reverse...th/5084969523/
- Located at the dock area of Philadelphia – great for HDR and portrait photography.
Saturday, May 14 – Open for group discussion/planning. Evening – Local pub/show?
Sunday, May 15 – Departure for home.
Current weather conditions for Allentown, PA as of 5-10-11...
Hotel most of us will be staying at...
Super 8 Motel (4.2 out of 5) - Here is the link for booking
2160 Golden Key Rd, Kutztown, PA, 19530
• Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - 9.1*miles
• Philip and Muriel Berman Sculpture Park - 10*miles
• Cedar Creek Park - 10*miles
• Allentown - 12*miles
• Soldiers and Sailors Monument - 12*miles
• Allentown Symphony Hall - 13*miles
• Art Allentown Museum - 13*miles
• Trout Hall - 13*miles
• Allentown Lehigh Valley Intl. Airport (ABE) - 15*miles
• Reading Regional Airport (RDG) - 20*miles
• Hazelton Municipal Airport (HZL) - 32*miles
• Blue Bell Wings Field (BBX) - 39*miles
• Coatesville Chester County G. O. Carlson Airport (CTH) - 42*miles
• Lancaster Airport (LNS) - 45*miles
Are you in? Any questions? Ask here!
Who will be coming?
Don't know yet:
Infiticubed (Local to here - maybe 1 or 2 days)
K_Kramer (Most likely a yes)