View Single Post
  #6    Top
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Black/White or Color??? and Is something missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldgl View Post
"ahhhh I see"...I knew something wasn't just quite right...I had an image in my head...and yes now I understand since you mentioned the "never ending" vision. Thank you for helping me figure that part out...

I am gonna really practice today to widen my DOF...I have so long been stuck in "fast shutter speed" mode...time to broaden my horizon and learn more about aperture settings...which btw I am still trying to grasp the concept of. I think that is why my landscapes or shots like these never reach their full potential...(in my opinion...are JUNK!...lol)

Thank you so much for your feedback...It definitely was very informative and I learned a lot from it! I really am grateful!
While you are at it, try a variety of shots from extreemly shallow DOF to very deep DOF.
However, for the shallow DOF make your focus point right at the front of the frame instead of part way in. That way the eye doesn't have to search before finding something to focus on.
You also may want to leave off the conversions and other effects until you feel you've mastered the basics. One step at a time.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin