View Single Post
  #4    Top
Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:36 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Help with looking for a camera for newbie

For your budget you are not going to be able to get much in the dslr or other interchangeable lens cameras new. I would look at KEH or the used departments at either adorama or B&H. With all 3 used departments pay attention to condition as you don't want to get something only good for replacement parts. Look for something in the excellent range.

the Sony A7 has been getting excellent reviews and you would also do fine with something like an older rebel Ti of Nikon d90.

The problem though again is your budget...that might get you a body...then you would need to determine the lens you want/need and spend additional money for that.

The same will be true for any Interchangeable lens camera.

I have not looked at point and shoot cameras for quite a while, but again I would look at the major brands, Canon, Nikon,Pentax or Olympus.

Please note it would be better to perhaps save a little more and ensure you get a camera that will capture the images you want to capture, than to spend less money on a camera you will end up being disappointed.