View Single Post
  #2    Top
Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:39 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Shooting RAW - White Balance

I shoot raw and always set it at something other than auto. I shoot landscapes and if you leave it on auto, you could get slightly different WB as the light changes or the camera moves slightly which makes it more difficult to blend images. Using the same setting fixes that. Studio shooting is something that has consistent lighting, but even a change of wardrobe or props could change the white balance of what the camera sees if using auto.
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!