View Single Post
  #7    Top
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Easley Cabin 2017
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: How are Nikon cameras in terms of durability?

I started with a Nikon F (film) in the early 1960s, then 2 Nikon-F2's with a motor drive, then my 1st digital a D70, moved up to a D300, 2 years later a D700 (full frame) and gave my brother-in-law the D70 (still working) and 3 years I ago purchased a D800 (full frame) which pushes image quality to that of a medium format film camera. If they fell apart with average use I would have never stuck with Nikon. 6 years ago I stepped on a Lacrosse ball at a game pitched face FWD (D300 - Nikon 80-400mm lens) that destroyed the lens, 2 parts & many pieces, that I figured could not be repaired (was restored to full factory specs) and had no damage to the camera body, had it checked and cleaned. Been a Happy Nikon owner for many a year...