View Single Post
  #11    Top
Old July 14th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Seriously On the Decline...

The real question becomes what drives traffic to a discussion board with so may other options available now?

Its my understanding when the corner was founded it was a labor of love. Since the sale the design has moved away from that to one of trying to generate income:

Sponsoring Seminars
Selling Ads
Selling memberships
Gaining Sponsorships

Neither of the above is design to increase traffic.

There is a limited facebook page but the recent images I have seen there are not being shot by members.

We have contests but contributions and overall participation has been lacking. We had a few recent bad experiences with POTY formats resulting from prizes not being received....I believe there may still be some items outstanding. This most certainly drives traffic away as people participate in good faith Note this is not necessarily a problem on the admin side, though they bear the brunt of it being the host.

Finally when the admins fail to communicate and leave everything on autopilot we remain on the same path. Ideas and plans are no longer made leaving everyone in a sort of limbo.