View Single Post
  #26    Top
Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Seriously On the Decline...

I think some of the things that occurred that have added to the decline:

The problems with the first PoTY after the admin change. Its not all the fault of the admins either as I understand some of the sponsors pulled out and thus we have winners who never received prizes or at least there was a huge delay in prize delivery. Contests need a lot of planning, and the prizes preset....in the contest coordinators hands to ensure prompt delivery. Because f this fiasco PoTY was cancelled indefinitely.

PoTM. The lack of participation between premiere members in nominating photos, Again some contests had prizes and I am unsure if all prizes were received promptly by the recipient...My comments are as per PoTY.

CCC....Lack of participation among all members was extremely low. Of course some of this may have been due to the offered prize and interest in that prize.

Many things like oh another camera bag, camera strap, image hosting etc....type prizes just are not what people want to compete for. Now say make it a $25 gift car to B&H, Amazon or a prize specifically related to a contest (ND filter doe a silky water theme) and I expect more interest would be generated. Of course this takes more financial interest and investment.

This is on top of any of the communication issues, no one wanting to discuss anything let alone topics about photography. I started a new project thread and thus far I have only seen 1 other member contribute.. This is create a perpetual downward spiral. Traffic is low so no one wants to invest money to try do more. Because there is no investment, poorly run contests and lack of sold sponsor ships...no one wants to really participate here. and down the drain we continue.