View Single Post
  #36    Top
Old September 1st, 2017, 09:25 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Seriously On the Decline...

There is an old adage "The only thing to never change is change" and at 79 I find a lot of truth in that statement. The things I most enjoyed here were the photographic challenges "Premier Projects" etc. as one would get to see how others approach a subject/theme and interpret it and photographically sharing their vision. I have always felt this is a great learning tool giving all who participate different ways of seeing and approaching a subject/theme. Participation is the key element to make this simple learning tool work, unfortunately some people are reluctant to put their creative views on display out of fear of negative comments. Fortunately or unfortunately art is subjective and multiple points of view will always be freely expressed and viewers will be 180 degrees apart and overcoming and coping with viewpoints that one does not agree with enables growth. I did like the fact that in the Gallery one could comment on a posted photo and give feedback without blindly combing through the forum clicking on a link to see a photograph (Photo Sharing Corner) where one is not particularly looking for a break down critique. I do enjoy feed back on images and not opposed to hearing points of view or questions any place I've posted here.

Just my thoughts, Jerry