View Single Post
  #37    Top
Old September 2nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Seriously On the Decline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pith View Post
Yeah, I miss the old days too Nod, but as years go by things change in peoples lives, and sometimes they get very busy, or ill, or lose some interest. Joe mentioned things like FB, and I think there's some truth to that. Younger photogs are all about that stuff. We did have a lot of fun in the POP days back when people could still be friends regardless of their politics, but that's another thing increasingly rare these days. In any event, as long as we all pop in here from time to time there's hope.
Facebook has stolen a lot of the forum activity. I get requests to join various photo "groups" on there. Most last a few months and they too fade away.

I agree about the younger photographers too. I met a couple recently who were asking for advise on a few things. I mentioned to them about posting on the forum for more critique and they looked at me like I had 4 heads.
They told me to check out their instagram feeds.

I noticed all the other forums I used to be on have all faded away, and shut down, except for the Corner, and another one that is full of trolls and politics, religion and all that stuff that causes fights. We had a great forum here, but a coworker said to me one time...."A fish rots from the head down". Im not meaning to offend anyone, but in a way there is some truth to that. I just wish that was not happening here.
Visit me here..Room57