Thread: Another sora
View Single Post
  #4    Top
Old September 27th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Another sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrvSal View Post
Very nice Rocky, I like the shot through the leaves too.
Thanks, Orv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
They don't give you any time at all do they.....We see a large number of bids while hiking and most always just as we are bringing cameras up to shoot...they take off, or duck behind grass, leaves, or some other obstacle
They really don't. The immature bird I saw about 2 weeks ago did give me a lot of looks, and I got about 100 photos of it, but the adults seem much more skittish and reclusive. Usually all you see is a glimpse of something darting between the reeds or disappearing into the grass... this one clearly didn't realize I was watching it or that it was visible through the grass!

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com