Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#51    Top
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Bird Picture Guru
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Kris,

You know, there is more than one reason this forum exists. It is not just to learn about things. It is to enjoy things, pictures, jokes, what have you.

You were the one who "freaked out" about viewing something you were warned could be distasteful to some viewers. No one is saying that you do not deserve to have an opinion. What we are saying is, if you don't like it, just move on. Why start a big hysterical campaign to complain about how distasteful this forum has become? Look, if I am watching television and don't care for what I am viewing, I change the channel. Fleas was decent enough to warn you beforehand. What more was he supposed to do? All I am saying is, just try to take these things in stride. Not every picture is gonna to be a celestial masterpiece.

Now, it is obvious to me that Fleas is a perfect gentleman. Anyone who knows how to read will readily agree with that. I say we get back to having fun again, which is one very large reason we are all here.

Now, that being said, "Can't we all just get along?"
  #52    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Official Blood Sucker
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks DDay. You are lucky just to have stints. I am very thankful to have recovered from the heart and leg operations. It has allowed me to enjoy a few more years enjoying my kids, grandkids and great grandkids, even photography.. BTW I sold another picture this morning
LiPixie, it was one of the medical team that took the picture for me. I didnt see who it was
Clearfears, Than you for your intelligent comments
Arfius, Good point
Kris 10, I just dont have much to say to you or you mother
Legster. Thank your for all you support

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Sonoran Audubon Society )
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
  #53    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Wow that is a really interesting picture. Thanks for sharing this. These kinds of things always get my attention. LOL

"The photograph is completely abstracted from life, yet it looks like life. That is what has always excited me about photography."
Richard Kalvar

"Life is about what you learn after you know it all."
  #54    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Official Blood Sucker
Thanks Dolphinraver. I Got my attention for sure LOL

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
  #55    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I have found it interesting to read the reactions to Fleas' posting the photo of his heart -- a photo that is actually rather good, from a technical point of view, and one from which we can all learn. Don't underestimate the difficulty of getting a shot like that!

I am, however, surprised to read comments such as:

-- I am so almost done with this site. This is beyond "overboard".
-- What are we to learn from this?
-- If I offended anyone for speaking my thoughts then I can't do anything about it.
-- It doesn't mean someone has a right to jump down sanother person's throat because they don't like or agree with someone's opinions or posts. [This somewhat paradoxical comment really needs to be read in context!]

Because, of course, as adults we are each responsible for our actions, and if we offend (presumably without intending to), then we most certainly *can* do something about it. We are each entitled to our opinions, but is is surely encumbent on us to express our opinions in a socially acceptable fashion, without causing offense, and trying to retain a bit of sensitivity for others.

I hope that my comments may be received constructively... and I should add, tongue in cheek, that my comments are intended for adults

My regards to all of you, most especially to John,
-- Tim
  #56    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Official Blood Sucker
Thank you very much Tim. You said that a 1000 times better Than I could. The remarks tore me as much as the saw when they cut my chest open, but it will heal, just like the heart and leg did.

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
  #57    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
P-R-O-crastinator
Quote:
Why start a big hysterical campaign to complain about how distasteful this forum has become?
First of all, I never started any kind of "hysterical campaign". If you look back through this thread...I made ONE comment on the second page and then TWO PAGES LATER I put up my SECOND post....I assume this is what you are referring to as a
Quote:
"hysterical campaign"
.....when in actuality, it was ONLY A RESPONSE to all the comments I read that were directed at ME!

Quote:
trying to retain a bit of sensitivity for others.
Hmmmm Sounds like some others should take this advice in replying to what I have said. Everyone is quick to jump in but no one is able to read what I wrote and try to understand my point of view. That's balanced. I NEVER intended to start a fight or any kind of arguement but instead was just trying to EXPLAIN my thoughts when I made my original post. Now it's been blown completely out of proportion and it's now past a point of even being able to be discussed. That really sucks IMO.

My Website
  #58    Top
Old July 20th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I love the color and composition. The focus is right on.
  #59    Top
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
Official Blood Sucker
Thanks Z06Nut.. They took a good picture under the conditions. Was not a studio for sure

Photo Credits
University of Texas
Phoenix Republic
Cobre center of Arts
ISP
Arizona State University
phoenix.about.com
phoenix.gov/TRESRIOS
Member....
Santa Maria Artist group
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places