Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:49 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Volume 1, Issue 1 - September, 2004

PhotographyCorner.com Newsletter
Volume 1, Issue 1

Contents:
1) The Very First Newsletter
2) Photograph of the Month
3) Contest Corner Challenges
4) Product Reviews & Ads in General
5) "Noteworthy Notables"
6) Photography Resources

1) The Very First Newsletter

Well, I'd must admit, I have been thinking about doing a PhotographyCorner.com newsletter for a while now, but I wanted to wait until we had some more members in the forum. Well, we have over 200 members now, so I figured now was as good a time as any. I hope you enjoy it... if not, just delete it. If you don't want to receive these newsletters anymore, well, just go change your email address in your profile on the site and you won't get these emails any more. I'm also going to put these up in the forum as well, so if you want to read them in the future, you can always read them there. Since I'm usually busy with Photograph of the Month stuff and other month-end/month-beginning type stuff at the end/beginning of every month, I'm going to do the newsletter monthly (or every-other month... I haven't decided yet) in the middle of the month.
Anyways, enough of the introductory stuff, let's get on with the newsletter.

2) Photograph of the Month

The current Photograph of the Month was done by Soopah called "Blue DamselFly" and can be seen on both the main page of the site, as well as in the Photograph of the Month forum. Check it out and tell Soopah what a great job she did! To check out past winners of the PotM award, check out http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...tm-winners.php

If you'd like your photograph to be considered for the Photograph of the Month contest, all you have to do is post up a photograph in the Critiques Corner, and, one week before the end of the month, get back to see if your photograph was nominated!

3) Contest Corner Challenges

Our third Contest Corner Challenge is now in the final days of voting, ending around midnight on September 17, 2004. Go take a look at the entries for this contest and place your vote for your favorite photograph. You can view the past winners here: http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...cc-winners.php

4) Product Reviews & Ads in General

I'm sure some of you have noticed the Product Reviews section, and I thought that I should further clarify why it's there, and what it's purpose is. The purpose of the section is three-fold. Firstly, it is sponsored by a company (you'll notice all the links go to the same network of sites), so that's why we don't have the in-line advertising anymore. Secondly, it should create some more traffic here: more content=more traffic. Thirdly, it gives everyone an opportunity to give personal feedback on various cameras, and gives us members an opportunity to direct new members to specific cameras instead of linking to other sites, we can link to the page internally. That all being said, the fact that this section is now here makes this site financially sustainable for the time being, so we can continue to enjoy the forum without having to worry about server space or any money related issues - and that's a good thing!

For those of you that have been around since the beginning, you've probably noticed the evolution of ads on PhotographyCorner. Initially the cost of running this site was relatively low, but as we add more and more photographs, and gain more and more members, it's becoming increasingly expensive to keep the site up. Generally I'm not a big fan of advertising, but in order to help make the site profitable, or at least allow me to break even, they are necessary. Hopefully you don't find them too annoying. The Google ads are probably the least intrusive, and since they are "contextual" they tend to be on topic - and some of them may even be of interest to you! If you have any feedback or questions about them, feel free to post your comments/concerns in the feedback section of the forum or PM me.

A final note on advertising: In order to receive some more "targeted" (aka photography-related) ads for the banner ads, we need to complete at least 200 survey's on site demographics. Help us out and complete the survey found here: http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=855 Thanks!

5) "Noteworthy Notables"

Just thought I'd point out a couple interesting topics that have been on recently here on the forums. If you haven't checked out the topics below, they're worth a read.

How do raw files work?
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018

Post your picture - a place for us to post pictures of ourselves
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=403

trade journal - subscribe for free to a couple great photography magazines
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=603

What's your favorite photography magazine?
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=1819

Your favorite photo that you've taken
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=1837

6) Photography Resources

Although we started this section several months ago, due to the time it takes to put each tutorial together, it has been slow in growing to where we want it to be. We've currently have a very limited amount of tutorials, articles, and tips & tricks up there, though we are slowly adding more and more. Check out some of the new tutorials added in recent weeks: http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...-resources.php

While we do have some tutorials there, we would still like to have some articles and general photography-related information there. If you're interested in submitted any tutorials, tips, tricks, photography "rules" and guidelines, or articles, feel free to email them to resources@photographycorner.com - help make this site even better than you all already make it!

Well, that about concludes our first PhotographyCorner.com Newsletter. I hope you found it at least mildly interesting and useful. Feel free to give me some feedback on the site on the new Newsletters forum on the site.

Keep taking pictures,
Tim L. Walker
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters