Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Basic Tonal Adjustments in Photoshop

Tutorial: Basic Tonal Adjustments in Photoshop

Thanks for another great tutorial, Carl!
  #2    Top
Old February 27th, 2006, 12:40 AM
It's An Adventure
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great Tutorial Thanks Carl. I never new to use an adjustment layer to retouch photos.

#3    Top
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Nice write up.. Helped alot...
EXPERIENCE CREATIVITY.com - Coming Soon
  #4    Top
Old March 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Glad someone found it useful!
  #5    Top
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the tutorial! It helped me get a more in depth look of Adobe
  #6    Top
Old March 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Excellent Tutorial Carl, some things I am already doing now and gained new skills from the article.

a question about using adj layers adn sharpening. How the heck do you do it? Never had trouble when no layers involved, but I am missing something here and I know it is simple.
  #7    Top
Old March 30th, 2006, 06:27 PM
By His Grace
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
There are many different ways to sharpen, but for simplicity we'll stick with USM. If you have an image with several layers and you want to sharpen, you can merge all visible layers into a new layer with Shift+Ctrl+E ... highlight the top layer then use the shortcut key. Then apply USM to that layer. Typically, I save my layered images without sharpening. I don't bother sharpening until after I've resized the image for whatever format I want and flattened the image, so I don't worry about layers at this point.
  #8    Top
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:29 AM
That's really great! I was playing with Photoshop for quite some time. I used lot of adjustments tools many times but never gone into details.

After reading this tutorial, the same task which used to took 5-10 min, is now taking hardly 2-3 mins.

Thank you Carl!
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:33 AM
By His Grace
You're welcome. Glad that the article helped you some.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Tutorials