Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should win Contest Corner Challenge #21: Up in the Air?
CCC21-01: Lighten Up the Skies 2 2.33%
CCC21-02: Over There 0 0%
CCC21-03: Spread Your Wings and Fly 1 1.16%
CCC21-04: Wind Chime 1 1.16%
CCC21-05: Swoosh 0 0%
CCC21-06: Honkers at 2 O'Clock 1 1.16%
CCC21-07: Campfire Fun 6 6.98%
CCC21-08: Jetstream 2 2.33%
CCC21-09: I Can Fly 3 3.49%
CCC21-10: Go Fly a Kite 1 1.16%
CCC21-11: Beyond the Branches 2 2.33%
CCC21-12: Awaiting the Final Ball 0 0%
CCC21-13: Rainbow 1 1.16%
CCC21-14: Long Jump 5 5.81%
CCC21-15: Catching the Sky 8 9.30%
CCC21-16: Sky Full O' Bubbles 1 1.16%
CCC21-17: Clouds from the Shade 1 1.16%
CCC21-18: Over the Bar 1 1.16%
CCC21-19: On a Wing and a Prayer 1 1.16%
CCC21-20: Up There 1 1.16%
CCC21-21: The Magic Bubble 9 10.47%
CCC21-22: Water Fall 1 1.16%
CCC21-23: Premature Flight 0 0%
CCC21-24: Flighting Snowbirds 5 5.81%
CCC21-25: Love is in the Air 2 2.33%
CCC21-26: Sunrise Bubbles 31 36.05%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#21    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Thanks Jaime. I have posted the other pics of my adventure in the Miss.Catagory.
Visit me here..Room57
  #22    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I have to say that my heart fell when I saw that photo - knew that I didn't have a cat in hell's chance of winning! But I was hoping for at least one vote !! lmao!

I would have voted for myself but it wasn't the best shot!!

With respect to the winning shot on the votes, in my opinion it wasn't the greatest but at the end of the day it's the votes that count so that's the way it is!

Respect to the winner and commiserations to Spicoli for not winning with what was a cracking shot at the end of the day. Just imagine how much it would have cost to get this shot with a film camera!!!!

So - can't wait for the next challenge from Tim - I will have to try and beat the standards for the next comp!

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #23    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
A Totally Awesome Guy
Recent Photo: Purple
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli

After sitting here and watching this unfold , I have decided to post my original photo, now that the contest is over.
Other then the basic touch up...which are in the rules...this is it.
Only post work, was a slight crop, brightness/contrast adjustment to decrease the rock distraction in the bottom left corner. The photo was also resized from its original size for posting.
These bubbles are approximatly 8" in size and created from a small bubble maker. I deliberatly shot beyond them to focus on the sunrise, I guess making the bubbles look "fake" After looking at the image again myself, I can see where that assumption might be made. They look flat.
Thanks Carl, excellent photo! It got my vote without hesitation. I agree with Jamie. IMO. this should have won, but as usual, things get "manipulated"
I'm all for changing the voting system for this contest in the future. This kind of thing happens all the time, although not quite to the degree of this one. I didn't enter this contest and I won't enter it in the future, unless things change. (not that anyone cares or that I would win anyway)
Just my 2 cents.
  #24    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
the AM in Amature
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Congrats to the winner (still don't think it's been revealed who it was.) Spicolli, where can i get one of them bubble machines?!?!?! I too agree the voting needs to be slightly limited. Maybe something like the FAN . . have to have 50 posts to get into it.
Scott, I know how you feel on the contests. But I don't look at it as entering to win, I look at it as challenging me as a photographer (especially the last two contests.) If I get any votes I consider it a "win". Just my two cents.

My entry was the two kites. Was a spurt of the moment picture while driving to work one day. The one that I was trying to set up . . . . well we lost the rocket . . . wind caught it into the road it went and it wouldn't launch again.

Canon Digital Rebel T4i
Canon 18-135mm F5-5.6
Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6
Gopro 3 white
www.pbase.com/snowphoto
www.facebook.com/msnowphotography
  #25    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
This is the link to the other shots I attempted for this challenge.

http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ad.php?t=32485
Sponsors
  #26    Top
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Voting is now closed. The winner will be posted shortly.