Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner
View Poll Results: Which photograph should be given the title of Photograph of the Month for December?
tom foley - Southern Dog 4 13.79%
kixphotography - Flower 1 3.45%
Ski - Beach Driftwood 7 24.14%
GREAPER - Deer Posing 1 3.45%
William Wilson - Hoverfly 4 13.79%
RedEyeTemptation - Cross in the Bathroom 0 0%
PictureCow - Katie in Pink 3 10.34%
jj - Brandywine Falls 0 0%
tom foley - Tin "Man" in a Skirt 6 20.69%
BoBaLLoOo - Colorized Wasp 3 10.34%
You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

#31    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:51 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
i think the point he was trying to get to was some of the photographs you picked were a lot worse than some of the other pictures on here
Yes, and the point was made by several people, both openly in the forum, and via PM. And the people that are making that point are 100% wrong. Who is anyone to say what photographs are better than others? Just a couple of months ago, someone stated that there was one obvious winner out of the photos that were up there, and that photograph got smoked quite easily by another. If it was so easy to pick the best photograph, I would just pick it and be done with it, as everyone would agree with me. But photography is open to interpretation, thus the need for contests and voting. People see things differently. That's why we vote. And sometimes the votes surprise me. Hey, I'm not always right.

It may have been of Matt's opinion that some photos that were not included in the vote were better than the ones I did include, but that just makes it his opinion, not fact. Were there better photographs I could have chosen? Maybe. What do I look for when I choose photographs? That's for me to know. But it's not 100% based on technical quality of the photograph. I take into account many different things, including the subject, the person who took it, the technical quality of the shot, amoung other things.

Make sense?
Sponsors
  #32    Top
Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:52 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
That all being said, voting is now closed!!! The winner will be posted later on tomorrow (after I get some sleep)
Closed Thread
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Photograph of the Month