Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
It was actually a good idea to merge the two TV stations. (TechTV and G4)
That's right "was" (past tense). Many mergers often have a good idea, BUT in half of cases, they get it wrong, they execute badly. Sadly, TechTV and G4 merger is one of cases that the merger was executed pretty badly.
  #12    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by the illest
It was actually a good idea to merge the two TV stations. (TechTV and G4)

Why? Because they both showed too many reruns and had too few shows to make up their own channel, combining the two channels which are both on decently similar topics will give them a larger show variety and less reruns.

By the way, TechTV, as most of you knows, covered electronics in general basically, G4 was 24/7 gaming.
Tech tv was great, and I think they were doing fine on thier own. I think they repeated thier shows so much so people in different time zones could see them at the optimal showtime.

I read a large article onthis on techtv's forum in the screen savers section, and I guess g4 bought techtv because g4 wanted tech tv's 40 million viewers, to boost thier already 15 million viewers or something like that.

So they then fired the entire crew of tech tv and have been showing reruns of techtv's shows in the mean time.

Appearantly they are working on the website, and its taking time to move everything over, but im wondering why not just leave it up the way it was and add g4 to the head banner. Then again they woudl be loosing out on the 75% of the page for adds.

And I doubt Robot wars will be taken off of the air. Even if it is, its on other stations. Its on the space network over here in Canada, our version fo the sci fi channel.

I really wish I realized they were goign to be taking the site down so I could have gotten a few download of the days that ive been meaning to get but have been putting off. Like that one program that lets you print to a pdf file in any program simply by selecting the program from the printer list.
  #13    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:22 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah... we had several links to techtv tutorials... and they're all gone. They were really good as well... I don't think the take over was very well thought out.
  #14    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker
Yeah... we had several links to techtv tutorials... and they're all gone. They were really good as well... I don't think the take over was very well thought out.
Whats wrong with this plan? spend $100 or $200 million or something like that to buy out techtv, to fire thier cast and push your new programming on thier watches,and in a few weeks have none of thier viewers and loose all that money. *Smirks*.

I hope leo and them start up a new tv show together and pitch it to some other stations like the discovery channel or something. Its semi tech releated. I think kat already got a job some place if im not mistaken.

Hehe, Tim, are you the only one awake on this forum? So far your the only one replyin to me. *Smirks*.
  #15    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Oh and while I think of it, im going to post a topic in a photoshop thread here about one fo the tech tv photoshop tips. I watched the show but I waited a while before actually performing the tutorial, and I got no clue where I saved the instructions. I dont see it anywhere on my pc.
Sponsors
  #16    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I'm sure cat will find a job, if she hasn't, quite quickly... she has a good following. It would be great if they could put something similar together again, though... it was a great show.

As for being the only one awake, I think you'll find most of the activity here goes on late at night for some reason... but keep in mind, we're pretty small here, too... as we grow, we'll be more active...