Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
"Body Worlds 2" exhibit

Bostons Museum of Science has opened a fascinating exhibit of "Plastinates". A process of preserving human cadavers in lifelike form without their skin, invented by a German Dr..
It is NOT gross. It's intended as a teaching exhibit showing muscle and organs. Here is a link, http://www.mos.org/bodyworlds/
Andre
  #2    Top
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I went to see "Bodies, the Experience" while I was in vegas. This is one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely amazing.
  #3    Top
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Addicted Member
Recent Photo: Dream Home
"Body Worlds 2" was here in Toronto not too long ago and it had an amazing run, they had to extend the hours of the Ontario Science Centre in order to accomodate everyone. Most of my friends went but I just couldn't bring myself to go see it....just knowing that those were living people and now they're perserved forever pumped with plastic is a little unnerving for me. Im sure it's a great learning experience but it's just not for me.

#4    Top
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: orange
I didn't think I would like it either, but it was amazing. The one that got me the most was the veins in the cardiovascular system. You have no idea how many blood vessels run through your body until you see this.
  #5    Top
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
That does look interesting. Thanks for the link Andre.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner