Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Flower

One of the many flowers that I have.... Keep in mind that I am saving these as small files.... That's why them may look a little pixelated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flower1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	7  Click image for larger version

Name:	flower1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	8  
  #2    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:32 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, it's too bad it's small... but it does look pretty good. The background & colors are a little faded, but it looks pretty good... what camera did you use? Was it digital, or did you scan it in?
  #3    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:35 PM
All of the photos are scanned in. The digital camera I have isn't very good... A lot of the colors get washed out when I scan them... Still saving for the digital camera..... I would save them bigger, but if I give good images.. I take the risk of someone stealing my photos... ( not you or anything.. just people that may be looking around) All of the pictures are registered at the copyright office...
  #4    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:40 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Yeah, that's a good point... I was thinking of installing a watermark mod to the forum so that won't happen... I'll look into it.

I hear ya about saving for a new digital camera... at least they're getting cheaper, though, eh?

How do you copyright your photos? How many do you get copyrighted? (maybe you could post a new thread about it? I'm sure many would benefit form this knowledge).
  #5    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:49 PM
well Technically any photo that you take is copyrighted by the person who took the shot and owns the negatives. If you were going to sue someone for use of a photo, it will be a lot harder to get anywhere if the photos were not registered. Registering the with the copyright office just makes things easier and proves that you are the owner of the photos.. There is so much more information... but that is just the jist of it. You go to www.copyright.gov ( not sure how it works in canada) You can register as many photos as you like as long as they are in the same series for $30.00. I think I registered about 50 photos. The only thing that I wonder about is how things can hold up with all the photo manipulation. I mean If I take a part of your photo that you have copyrighted, and a part of another photo... can you really prove that is was your photo if they manipulated it... u know??
  #6    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM
The Corner Creator
Yeah, that would be interesting to find out... as photography moves towards digital, how are we going to be able to claim ownership and prove that we took the picture?...
  #7    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Exactly!! I always wondered about that.. I am sure they are going to have to come up with some new laws to keep up with the progression on the "digital" age.
  #8    Top
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
The Corner Creator
Some sort of digital encoding within the exif, I would assume... though I honestly don't know too much about that myself yet... If I come across any articles about it, I'll post it in the article section.
  #9    Top
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I like the composition of that one and the close crop you've used... works well.

Aaron
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things