Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Camera Problem

Hello everyone,

Well christmas is done for me, my girlfriend came back and it was amazing!! But shes gone again for another 4 months unfortunately. The good news is I got accepted to the University shes attending for next year. But anyway back to the real reason I posted lol. I have a Nikon D50 and I noticed when I autofocus theres kind of a squeak/grinding noise when the lens moves in or out. I sent in my camera to Nikon for repairs. That was the the best thing to do right? Its not supposed to make that noise, or any noise for that matter? Now I have to wait for 4-6 weeks for my toy back . Well thats my story lol.
  #2    Top
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_7682aweb
Actually sounds to me like a problem with your lens more than your camera body.
Help raise awareness about food allergies!!!
  #3    Top
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Likely things needed cleaning.. I know it's tough going without a camera for a time, but it won't be long..... I'm glad to hear things are great with you and your gf.. and congratualtions upon getting accepted to the same university.. you'll do well there, I am sure...

Kenneth Tynan
  #4    Top
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I think it's the lens too... my 18-70 that came with the D70s randomly started doing that too... I was concerned, but didn't want to send my camera in... I don't think it affects anything though. Congrats on everything, and hope you survive without your camera!
  #5    Top
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks all
Yeah I think it was my lens too. But sending it in is free anyway cause its under warranty still so why not? If they find something wrong then they fix it and if not then I get everything cleaned and a gaurantee that my camera is good . But going without my camera definetly sucks! I got a new tripod and a NICE camera bag for xmas, also a gift card to a camera store, so i want my camera back so I can start using my stuff and get new stuff for it.
  #6    Top
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Premiere Member
Ahhh Im going to go crazy I want my camera back so bad lol.
Its supposed to be back around the end of january at the earliest I cant wait!