Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:20 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Volume 2, Issue 1 - January 2005

PhotographyCorner.com Newsletter
Volume 2, Issue 1

Contents:
1) Happy New Year!
2) Contests
3) Photography Resources
4) "Noteworthy Notables"
5) Uploading Images with ImageShack.us

1) Happy New Year!

Wow... Can you believe it's 2005 already? Where did 2004 go? PhotographyCorner has grown in leaps and bounds, and continues to grow through 2005. We officially launched the site sometime in the middle of April, 2004. Since then, in the past 8 months, we have well over 600 members, and over 40,000 posts! That's almost an average of 150 posts per day! And lately, it's been a lot more than that. This place is really starting to take off, and it's thanks to all the great members of PhotographyCorner. Every active member is an asset to the site, from our newest members, to our "senior" Corner-aholics. We've recently added 3 mods: Kara, RobW & herins, who are helping me keep order on the site, and they're doing an excellent job. If you have a chance, send them a PM to let them know - I couldn't keep this site running without them. Anyways, with 2005 upon us now, we work towards our continuing goal in making PhotographyCorner.com one of the best, most active, useful, helpful, resourceful photography forum on the web. Cheers!

2) Contests

The current Photograph of the Month is a stunning macro flower photograph taken by amelea called "Wet Flower" and can be seen on both the main page of the site, as well as in the Photograph of the Month forum. With the number of amazing photographs being posted up for critique lately, there are so many great entries for the PotM contest, it gets harder and harder to vote on a winner! Keep up the great work, everyone - you're doing yourselves and the site proud. To check out past winners of the PotM award, check out http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...tm-winners.php

If you'd like your photograph to be considered for the Photograph of the Month contest, all you have to do is post up a photograph in the Critiques Corner, and, one week before the end of the month, get back to see if your photograph was nominated! And if you're a Premiere Member at PhotographyCorner, you have the opportunity to nominate photographs for the Photograph of the Month contests as well (check out http://www.photographycorner.com/pre...membership.php for more information on becoming a Premiere Member).

For our Contest Corner Challenges, for CCC#8, we tried a "Photoshoping" contest, where I supplied a photograph, and members took it and manipulated it. We received some great entries, and when it was all said and done, Mickey took the prize (you gotta check out his photo - if you look closely, you'll find all the stockings in the photo have my name on them... plus there are a couple of PC members featured as Christmas ornaments on the Christmas tree!!) Great job, Mickey! Our current CCC is one that I fully expect everyone to enter. It has no technical limitations, and is merely titled "Isolation". Check out the Contest Corner for more information, and get out there and take some photos for the contest!

3) Photography Resources

With our ever-growing Photography Resources section (which can be found at http://www.photographycorner.com/pho...-resources.php), more and more members are learning tips and tricks from each other, which is encouraging more and more members to contribute tutorials and articles. I'm so proud of all the members that have already submitted articles and tutorials for the site - you're helping this site become better and better. While I'm a couple weeks behind in putting up tutorials and articles, rest assured I will be caught up by the end of the month, so, for those of you that would like to contribute an article or tutorial or whatever to the Photography Resources section, please send it in! If you want to contribute, but you're unsure of what to write on, send me a PM, and I'll give you some ideas. Within the next month or so, we'll also be launching our Photography Glossary section for the Resources section, so get ready to do a little research for that as well.

4) "Noteworthy Notables"

Just thought I'd point out a couple interesting topics that have been on recently here on the forums. If you haven't checked out the topics below, they're worth a read.

Posting and You
A little "Forum Netequette" refresher video worth checking out
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=2675

Corrupt Wish Game
Just when you wish for something great, and you get your wish, someone has to go and ruin it all...
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=2921

xray?
The truth about airport security and how it may or may not ruin your film
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=3758

Photographing Into a Mirror?
Ever tried it? It's harder than you think...
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=3721

Portrait Photography Advertising
Brainstorm some ideas for people looking to start their own studio...
http://www.photographycorner.com/viewtopic.php?t=3171

5) Uploading Images with ImageShack.us

Just in time for the newsletter!! Hold the press! We've managed to strike up an excellent partnership with image hosting site ImageShack.us. Now you can upload photographs as large as 1024kb right from PhotographyCorner.com! Right on the homepage (on the left-hand side), you'll find a "browse" and "host it!" button so you can upload photos, get forum code, and paste it in your post - it's never been easier! And if you register with ImageShack.us (it's free!), you'll get a ton more benefits, including the ability to track and find all the images you've uploaded it. Check out the Annoucement Forum for more information about the new partnership, and enjoy your new attachment freedom! In return, the photography forum on ImageShack.us now directs users to PhotographyCorner, so be on the look out for a lot of new members eager to share photographs with us!

Well, that about wraps up Volume 2, Issue 1 of the PhotographyCorner Monthly Newsletter. Congrats if you read the whole thing through. If you just skipped to the end to read the last paragraph... what's up with that? Go back and read it already... I didn't write it solely for my own enjoyment. As always, if you have any comments about the site, suggestions, feedback, etc., drop me an email, PM or post it in the Feedback section. If you want to find out how you can help out with the site, or you are interested in doing up some resources, let me know, and we'll put something together.

Get outside, stay inside, go wherever - just make sure to bring your camera and take some pictures, then come on back to the Corner and share them with us.

See you around the Corner,
Tim L. Walker
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters & Press Releases > PhotographyCorner.com Newsletters