Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Product Reviews

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:15 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
The Nikon D2X: First Look

Product Review: The Nikon D2X: First Look

An initial review on the Nikon D2X by Nikonian Jerry Burnell.
  #2    Top
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Tim,

You seem to know so much about cameras, photography and you take Amazing photographs. I am wondering which type of camera you would prefer or what type of camera you use for your work. I am looking at the Nikon D2X and the Canon EOS 5D. The cameras seen to be quite similar but the Nikon is quite more expensive than the Canon.

I do a lot of outdoor family and childrens portraits and would like to play around a little bit with and set up an indoor studio. I have worked as a photographer's assistant in the past and taken indoor and outdoor photos but have never had to buy my own equipment. I am a newbie when it comes to trying to choose my lights, flash, lens and camera.

I could use any advice that you may have.

Thank you!
  #3    Top
Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Photo Traveler
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
The Canon and Nikon both have a CMOS sensor, so that is even

The canon has slightly more megapixels, but not enough to play a part in the decision.

The Nikon has a considerable faster frame rate. If action is your thing, this may matter a LOT

The nikon has a magnification factor. The canon does not. If you shoot wide, landscapes etc more often, then the canon has the edge. If you shoot wildlife or macro, the nikon has the edge.

Both cameras are excellent tools, but you need to figure out which one has the feature set that is important to you.

I have a D2Xs, because I shoot birds, wildlife, macro, etc. The magnification factor is a plus for me, the fast frame rate is a plus. Full frame doesn't mean much to me.

You may need a completely diferent set.

Check out my Galleries at:

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com
  #4    Top
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
GREAPER,

A straight forward comparison that helps other like me alot. Thank you
  #6    Top
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Nice review, it's really helpful!