Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone! Tell me your story,

Thank you for making me feel welcome to photography corner.com

I wanted to find out how those of you who have been working in photography for a few years now, first got there start. In other words did you begin working for someone or start out fresh and green on your own from the ground up, maybe you are starting trial by fire, just jumped right in and what lessons you've learned along the way about getting your first clients and making a business of it.

Thanks-

cre8asigo
  #2    Top
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:11 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Glamour Shots
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I started to be interested in photography as a profession during my college years (back to college after many years for a new career). I have always loved photography, but got my first quality camera about 4 years ago; working on upgrading now. I do webdesign and graphics and decided to pull my knowledge together and jump in head first by making my website and advertising by WOM (word of mouth). Before I knew it friends and family started to see my work at scrapbooking parties or seeing photos I've taken at birthday parties or get togethers and wanted me to do some photography for them. Co-workers started seeing my work by me taking their photos and giving them a copy. I've been getting requests from people who see the photos I took, so it just keeps getting larger. I'm not advertising big, because I don't want it to turn into a chore. I love the freedom to pick and choose what I want to do. I still have a day job working for the city for insurance purposes, but I love being able to use my hobby and take photos for people for Senior Pictures or Family Photos or just Nature. I've entered photos in contest etc.... I just keep it light and fun. I am reading a lot more about professional photography techniques and I love to watch documentaries on professional photographers who have a career with companies like National Geographic and such. I love to use this forum for ideas as well.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.phpid=1110427138
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:00 AM
whats in a photography name?

Sorry to all, It's late and I can't seem to figure out how to start an original thread so I thought maybe this can be moved to a new thread.

The question is for everyone who has ever struggled with naming their photography business.

When it comes to naming the business is it better or more likely that those photographers who use their own name, for example...
Photography by Bill or Randal Scott photography is this more acceptable then other ways of naming a business, for example... A-One photography, or Amazing images etc.

Does the public embrace one over the other or does it even matter that much, if it does why does it matter>? Can anyone assist with this? Thanks!
  #4    Top
Old July 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Sitting Through Time
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Hello and welcome to the corner.

I'm a medic, I do photography as a hobby and have fun doing it. I have done the odd photo shoot for friends and family. There have been several shoots that I have turned down, as I'm in the same position as Elena; I don't want it to become a chore.

I love my cameras
Cameras: (two) Canon 40D
Lenses: (Canon) 24-70mm f2.8L, 100mm f2.8L Macro IS,
70-200mm f4.0L; (Sigma) 50-500mm f4.0-6.3
  #5    Top
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to the Corner!