Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Powerful Images

Hi everyone,

I thought this would be a very interesting thread to create. I want people to post image(s) that have stuck in their memory every since seeing it. A picture that moved you and that made you think twice about things in your life or how the world works. At least thats how I felt after viewing some of the photos Im going to share with you.
So please feel free to share your powerful image that has affected you in some meaningful way.

Some of you know that I am an advocate for Africa and am part of an organization dedicated to eradicating poverty. These two shots really hit home for me. Im not going to lie I saw these shots and cried. I cried for the people in these pictures and for humanity in general. It just reassured me that what Im fighting for is worth it and that I need to dedicate my life to people like this living in poverty and fighting for their life everyday. I hope that after seeing these shots you also will feel the same way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JN0011SUINGA.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	66697  Click image for larger version

Name:	kevin_carter.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	66698  
  #2    Top
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Recent Photo: Freedom
I think this is a great post so here are a couple that have really touched me.

#3    Top
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thank you for posting and starting this thread. I can't really even begin to tell you how much I feel when seeing pictures like this. I truly believe that we are all one, and the earth is one living be-ing. So to see these types of photos just hurt. So here are my contributions to the posting..

The first one goes with this story,
"Dead piles" are a constant presence in factory farms. While pigs are fed massive amounts of antibiotics to keep them alive in conditions that would otherwise kill them, hundreds of thousands succumb to the stress of violent mutilations and intensive confinement. Dead pigs are sent to rendering plants, where they are made into dog and cat food or into feed that will be given to pigs, chickens, and other farmed animals.

The other two were very recent and can be read about on Peta.org.
Thank you again for bringing this topic to this forum.

Namaste
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pig17.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	66700  Click image for larger version

Name:	280-starved_pitbulls.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	66701  Click image for larger version

Name:	240-pb_2dogs.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	66702  

"Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go."

T.S. Elliot
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: streets on 35mm
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
that second photo was the first one i thought of when i read the thread title...

this is one that sticks in my head the whole time.

interesting story about it too, when this happened, soon after the chinease army raided the hotel the journalists were staying at destroying all their footage of it but the guy who took this Jeff Widener put the film into a capsule and hit it in a cistern of a toilet before they came into his room.
some other footage managed to be saved aswell but this was the one most widely reproduced.
the man who was unknown was shoved away by other citizens, the documentary behind this is very interesting too - i cant remember what it was called though.

#5    Top
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
thanks for your contributions.
All very powerful images and I feel like people NEED to see these shots. Its too easy to go through life being naieve and doing nothing.
Thanks guys and I applaud your care for the world and its critical issues happening today.