Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Alone

Alone

1/800 | f 4 | 70mm | 200
  #2    Top
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Alone

I really like this image, and I like how everything is blurred but the person. The black and white really suits it and lets you concentrate on the figure and his story. There's definitely a sense of despair or hard times in this picture. It really tells a story. Overall I think that this is a really interesting shot.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thanks for your kind words Ms. Cornflake
  #4    Top
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Great idea to blur out everything but what you want the viewer to be drawn to but it is obvious what has been done. Nest time try to feather the selection more so it has an easier transition. A level's adjustment for the highlights would also help make him stand out more. Other than those minimal things I think this is a great images Marcel.
  #5    Top
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Parakeets
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Nice compostion. Great depiction of the mood. Like to see what happens on a crop on the top and a crop (very little) in the bottom. (Please my next post, just cropped in M.S. Picture Manager).

Last edited by soumen; August 13th, 2009 at 01:20 AM.
  #6    Top
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen View Post
Nice compostion. Great depiction of the mood. Like to see what happens on a crop on the top and a crop (very little) in the bottom. (Please my next post, just cropped in M.S. Picture Manager).
This is what I mean.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3808891965_ce69d5efec_1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	75021  
  #7    Top
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:03 AM

I really like the way you conveyed the mood.
I felt like I wanted to walk over and ask if the poor guy was okay.

I agree with the crop sugestions.

Happy is something you decide, not something that happens!

http://specialtreasuresphotography.weebly.com
http://LisaAgnew.photoreflect.com
  #8    Top
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen View Post
I just wanted to make a note to please review the guidelines for the critiques and feedback section, particularly for editing someone else's photograph. As taken from the guidelines: It's often easier to show people rather than tell them how you'd change their photographs. Some people, however, don't appreciate it when you edit their photographs. If you want to edit someone's photograph, please make sure to ask before going ahead and making those changes.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #9    Top
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornflakeGirl View Post
I just wanted to make a note to please review the guidelines for the critiques and feedback section, particularly for editing someone else's photograph. As taken from the guidelines: It's often easier to show people rather than tell them how you'd change their photographs. Some people, however, don't appreciate it when you edit their photographs. If you want to edit someone's photograph, please make sure to ask before going ahead and making those changes.
Sorry for flouting the guideline. I shall remember this in future. Sorry again.
  #10    Top
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM

I really like this picture, I can see myself sitting there almost. Was the blur on his backside and lower legs intentional? I find it slightly distracting seeing as the rest of him is in focus.

Edit to include: Ignore me, i looked at it for a bit longer and its fine haha
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People