Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Toronto area meetup

Ohhh how I would love to join in on the fun!! That day seems to work for me, just let me know the time.

What kind of outing are you all planning?

Jewel
Sponsors
  #12    Top
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
I can go door to door if you wish, and forcefully bring them.
Luv it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
Ohhh how I would love to join in on the fun!! That day seems to work for me, just let me know the time.

What kind of outing are you all planning?

Jewel
Hey Jewel - so nice to hear from you! We haven't really nailed down exactly what/where we'll shoot, but this is shaping up very nicely - Tim, Spicoli, Jewel, Nikon_Mario... that's 4 in.

I know there's more T.O. area members out there. Let's see how many more we can dredge up. And maybe the 4 of us can start throwing around ideas of where we'd like to shoot?

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #13    Top
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:40 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Probably the best bet to find them would just be to search the members introduction forum for the words "Toronto" and "Ontario" and PM a bunch of the active ones...
  #14    Top
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
Probably the best bet to find them would just be to search the members introduction forum for the words "Toronto" and "Ontario" and PM a bunch of the active ones...
Tried that - but I think there are some that might not have mentioned location. Anyway, I sent a PM about this thread to Tyger, nino85, and cup4tml (Niagara/St. Catherine's region). If any of you can think of any others then PM them about this thread or list their usernames here and I'll PM them.

Also - my sister in T.O. tells me that weekend (28th) is the Busker Festival ? in the St. Lawrence Market area. Maybe that's a good starting point if we decide on a meetup spot nearby? Just a suggestion.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #15    Top
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: All Alone
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Got your PM Mario. I've been following this thread and will try to keep it in the back of my mind when the time comes. I just started holidays today and that date will be my last weekend before going back to work. I'm not sure what I'll be doing then so I didn't want to commit just yet. I like the idea of the Busker Fest and the St. L market. I told my wife about it and she likes the idea of going to the market and wouldn't mind tagging along too. She's a real foodie and loves that market. I'll know closer to the time, so maybe see you there!
You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

And now I know the real Mike Dorn too!
  #16    Top
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I'm up for a Sat. Meet Up after 12:00.
  #17    Top
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Buskerfest is really cool, but can get busy. If we keep our phones handy, just in case, it is quite the event. Lots going on. Nino, would be cool if you can make it.
Visit me here..Room57
  #18    Top
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:06 PM

I'd love to but I promised my cousin that I'd meet up for the annual family girls weekend
  #19    Top
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Lifelong Learner

Lifes~So~Sweet, you'll have to catch up with us the next time!

Things are shaping up!
So, the following are in:

Jewel
Spicoli
Tim
nino85
Nikon_Mario

Possible:

VitaminB
cup4tml and the Mrs...

I know there's more out there, and maybe we'll pick up a few more, which would be GREAT!

Anyway - people want to suggest an actual meeting place and time? Jewel and Tim are driving from out of town, I'll be coming from Mississauga where I'm visiting my sister, and Doug might be coming in from St. Catherine's/Niagara area. Since Nino mentions 12, and VitaminB mentions a bar-b-q to attend later, we should set up a time, exchange cell phone numbers through PM's and make it happen.

I'm good with anything, but just to get the ball rolling, I'm going to suggest that those who can meet up at 10:30 and others will join as they arrive. Other suggestions welcome!

Carl, do you know the best place that we could park for the long term? The Distillery District is a short walk to the St, Lawrence area. Would that work? or is there a time limit on how long we can park there? Anyone know any where else?

Last edited by Nikon_Mario; August 15th, 2010 at 09:11 AM.
  #20    Top
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
Lifes~So~Sweet, you'll have to catch up with us the next time!

Things are shaping up!
So, the following are in:

Jewel
Spicoli
Tim
nino85
Nikon_Mario

Possible:

VitaminB
cup4tml and the Mrs...

I know there's more out there, and maybe we'll pick up a few more, which would be GREAT!

Anyway - people want to suggest an actual meeting place and time? Jewel and Tim are driving from out of town, I'll be coming from Mississauga where I'm visiting my sister, and Doug might be coming in from St. Catherine's/Niagara area. Since Nino mentions 12, and VitaminB mentions a bar-b-q to attend later, we should set up a time, exchange cell phone numbers through PM's and make it happen.

I'm good with anything, but just to get the ball rolling, I'm going to suggest that those who can meet up at 10:30 and others will join as they arrive. Other suggestions welcome!

Carl, do you know the best place that we could park for the long term? The Distillery District is a short walk to the St, Lawrence area. Would that work? or is there a time limit on how long we can park there? Anyone know any where else?
Im coming in from Scarborough, and may TTC it unless I somebody needs a drive down. Im o.k for 10:30.
As for parking downtown, there is a lot across from the Distillery(not sure on cost, but I think it is about $8.00 for the day. It fills pretty quick, specially when there are events going on. Im a walker,(not the Tim version) and there is pleny of places around, but depends on how far away. TTC might be the best bet for anyone in the city.

Got a confirmation from Jeanney(Anty) that she is about 99% sure that she is coming. Anty lives at the foot of York street, so I will ask about parking around town. If we want to shoot Buskerfest, it is on Front street, so we could meet say....Dundas Square and hike down, or the Distillery and hike over.
Visit me here..Room57
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks