Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Premiere Member
Manitoulin Island Individual Photowalk - October 1st - 2nd

Finally I'm healthy enough to get back to photography.

Drove up to Manitoulin Island for two days and learned once again how peaceful it is up there. Nothing but the sound of birds and an occasional car that you can hear a mile away.

While I can't move around as much as I could in 2009, it was great to get out there and re-learn how to use my camera.

Here are a few pics of the ones I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B0000020.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	81926  Click image for larger version

Name:	B0000051.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	429.7 KB
ID:	81927  Click image for larger version

Name:	B0000068.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	81928  

Gear

Nikon D7000
AF-S Nikon 18 - 55mm
AF-S Nikon 55 - 200mm
AF Nikon 70 - 300mm
AF Tamron - 90mm Macro

Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Re: Manitoulin Island Individual Photowalk - October 1st - 2nd

excellent!!

i like those picture.....the ambiance of the nature are very warming to my eyes.
  #3    Top
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I love the island, would also love a bit higher contrast. That third shot would be incredible and I'm so tempted to remove that branch
  #4    Top
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprillove20 View Post
excellent!!

i like those picture.....the ambiance of the nature are very warming to my eyes.
Thank you. It is a great place for nature.

Gear

Nikon D7000
AF-S Nikon 18 - 55mm
AF-S Nikon 55 - 200mm
AF Nikon 70 - 300mm
AF Tamron - 90mm Macro

#5    Top
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Maidens View Post
I love the island, would also love a bit higher contrast. That third shot would be incredible and I'm so tempted to remove that branch
Unfortunately it was just out of reach. I think I'll play with the contrast though.

Gear

Nikon D7000
AF-S Nikon 18 - 55mm
AF-S Nikon 55 - 200mm
AF Nikon 70 - 300mm
AF Tamron - 90mm Macro

#6    Top
Old November 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Couldn't help myself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manatou.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	82174  
  #7    Top
Old November 24th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Maidens View Post
Couldn't help myself

Well, it does look a lot better. Photoshop?

Greg

Gear

Nikon D7000
AF-S Nikon 18 - 55mm
AF-S Nikon 55 - 200mm
AF Nikon 70 - 300mm
AF Tamron - 90mm Macro

#8    Top
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Premiere Member

Yessir
  #9    Top
Old December 17th, 2010, 03:44 AM

beaut shots btw! loving them
  #10    Top
Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:36 AM

Great shots!
Did you consider going wider with the second one?
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks