Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Pneumonia

Well, after struggling those last few days in Allentown, I got home on Sunday night and my wife was so concerned about my coughing and breathing that she took me to the hospital emergency ward. They diagnosed "a really bad cold" and gave me some meds to take. As of Friday, and after 5 days on those meds, I was feeling worse, not better. So I went to the local clinic to see my regular doctor. I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Whether this was a later development, or a mis-diagnosis in the first place, they couldn't really say.

Anyway, I am on the proper meds now and am told that I should see a significant improvement over the next few days.

I wanted to say that I have been enjoying seeing the photos getting posted, and that when I feel I have enough energy and semblance of rationality, I pull up a file or two of photos that I took and start to work through them. I am hoping to post a few over the next few days, but I am spending a lot of time sleeping right now.

Meanwhile - keep posting. I am really enjoying re-living the scenes through the photos. Some really awesome stuff.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #2    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Pneumonia

Rest well and take care of yourself. Heres to hoping for for a quick recovery.
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Hang in there and get plenty of rest. It's the only way you can get past it. I was diagnosed with double pneumonia back in March of this year. Spent 3 weeks out of work basically sprawled out on my sofa. I was just so run down from coughing that I could never get a decent nights sleep, thus delaying any recovery.

While I'm over it now I still feel the effects daily when I go out to run. My lung capacity just isn't the same. Hopefully over time that will change.

Good Luck and Get Well!

Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone........

Anonymous

My Official Gear List
  #4    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I seem to have contracted some sort of lung infection as well. It started Friday evening when I returned home. This week has been one long cough fest.
I got antibiotics on Tuesday. Things seem to be clearing out now.

Mario, here's to a quick recovery for you.
John, I'm sure in time you'll be back to your old self. Your lungs went through a bad experience, and I'm sure the coughing took it's toll. You just have to give yourself time to heal. Don't push it too hard.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #5    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Premiere Member

Quick, before you get better go back to the hospital and find the original Doc and lick his/her coffee cup a few times.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery.
  #6    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Mario glad to hear that you are on the mend. Please get plenty of rest. Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Oh yeah, thanks for keeping those germs up there in the front seat.
  #7    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Recent Photo: Published
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

You have a good wife! I wondered where you've been and now I know. Please Rest! We'll be looking for your images when you're better.

https://www.facebook.com/sharnalee65

I am currently an Official Photographer for Delicious Dolls Magazine.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #8    Top
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I'm so glad you went to the hospital and to your regular doctor when the first meds didn't help. I so wanted to take you to the doctor here on Saturday morning. You seemed worse than you had the night before! Rest and get better soon!!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #9    Top
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Oh No Mario. Ya know, when I heard you in the van cough, it sure sounded deep in the chest area. Damn. I hope you get well soon man. Take care, get lots of rest.
Visit me here..Room57
  #10    Top
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Hoping that you are much improved, Mario!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks > Allentown, PA