Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I have a 8 yr. old son and 4 yr. old daughter who both love taking pictures. I gave my son a 35mm camera around 4-5 years old and on his 8th birthday I got him a digital camera, because the 35mm was just getting to be useless because we didnt want to keep developing film. It gives them a creative outlet to express themselves.
  #12    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
My 4 year old daughter has a digital camera she loves to take pictures she does pretty good with it,
I got it for her so she wouldnt try to use my camera,she is really into taking pictures.
  #13    Top
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:59 PM
That's great, starting them young. My 8 yr. old really loves taking pictures too. He does pretty good. He took a picture of me and my daughter and my daughter (4) took a picture of my son and me. Her picture actually came out much better. Big mistake, me telling him. I wont do that again.
  #14    Top
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:28 PM
LIV-N 4 GR8 FOTO OPS
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Knowing that both my granddaughters, age 9, were getting cameras last Christmas from their parents, I gave them a couple rolls of film and a coupon for a "3 hour photo outing with grandma, including lunch" to be used as soon as weather permitted. We went out to about 4 locations, and I taught them some simple basics: composition, contrast, 1/3 rule, etc. They had a blast! (and so did I) Its a great opportunity to spend time doing something positive -- healthy hobbies keep kids out of trouble -- and bonding with the younger ones. I think its great to share something with them that Heather and I've loved doing for a long time (her boys also got cameras). Our empire is growing!
  #15    Top
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
P-R-O-crastinator
Quote:
healthy hobbies keep kids out of trouble
This is sooooooooooo true. In these times with so many "latch key kids" there is toooo much for them to get into. Why not guide them to the positive things.....

My son, Nicky (9 years old) has his first zoom point and shoot and took it with him this weekend to the Raleigh Science Museum. He called me yesterday and made me hold on while he took a picture of sun rays coming out from a cloud that was lined in bright sunlight. I can't wait to see the photo. Maybe I will post it and show it off if it turns out okay.

He is also into Space and Constellations. He has a telescope and one day when I get the money, I would love to find some sort of adapter to allow him to photograph what he see's through it. It would be sooooo cool!!!!!

My Website
  #16    Top
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I gave Cody a camera when he was 4 yrs old to take to the zoo with his class. It was wonderful seeing things through his eyes. He actually took some amazing pictures!
  #17    Top
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Elite Member
I absolutely love this idea. My daughter is five and has exibited "right brained" tendencies since she was born. She loves to sing, dance, draw, etc. I think putting a camera in her hands would not only help her to build confidence, but would also encourage that artsy side of her personality.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Photography News