Song Sparrow - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: nordi2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Song Sparrow

A set of Song Sparrow images from a photo walk at nearby NNWR (Nisqually Nat'l Wildlife Refuge). These are all SOOC (straight out of camera) other than being cropped/resized.

1. I was fortunate enough to have this sparrow fairly close (relative to some others I've been shooting lately) and on a clean perch. My emphasis was on testing the ISO performance, freezing movement, and using a wide open aperture while trying to optimize DOF with focal point placement, ensuring most that eyes were sharp. Slightly underexposed, adjusted on subsequent shots.

Canon 5D II, 400mm/5.6 lens
ISO-1600, f-5.6, 1/3200 sec, monopod

2. Hotfooting it to another spot on the perch.

ISO-1600, f-5.6, 1/2000 sec, monopod

4. Doing what a Song Sparrow does......sing!

Your comments and critique are always appreciated.
  #2    Top
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: xmaslightsDSC_4005
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Song Sparrow

Nice series Russ and very clean for ISO 1600. I think what I like best about them though is not the bird, but the branch the bird is on. You have a great anount of detail there
  #3    Top
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: In the Shade
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Wow Russ, looks like you are enjoying the new equipment.

Your images appear kinda dark on my monitor.
I guess I am going to have to try some bird shots myself, you set such a good example it's going to be a real challenge.

Bill H.
  #4    Top
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Last three are excellent, Russ. Well done.
http://toths.us/GJT
Matthew 25:31-46
Feel free to comment/critique my images.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things