Minimizing wrinkles on mature clients - Page 2 - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#11    Top
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Recent Photo: xmaslightsDSC_4005
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Minimizing wrinkles on mature clients

[quote=barklake;728870]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeldawg View Post
I agree with agile, too... But, in the event that they don't want those wrinkles to show, I always look to the lighting I use. A very flat lighting will minimize the shadows that produce the wrinkle texture in photos. Additionally, I use the healing tool in Photoshop to erase some of the smaller lines and I also use a bit of diffusion by making a copy layer of the person, using a gaussian blur on that copy layer and then adjusting the opacity on that layer to about 25-30%, depending on the person and the lighting. I also erase the eyes, bottom of the nose and lips from the blurred layer to give those features a higher level of sharpness. Anyway, there are dozens of techniques and opinions on this, others mileage may vary, but this is what I do.

Thanks Mark, I like your answer to this question. Now do you have a way of removing them from the photographer?
Well if said photog lives in a plastic bubble all his/her life and never goes out and experiences life, faces challenges, and has all deceisions made for them, that will prevent them...but who would really want that for their life
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101