Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Snowy on a fence post...boring.

I'm even getting bored with Snowy's

Canon 1D MK IV
70-200 2.8 IS MK II
200mm
F 2.8
ISO 250
1/1000th

I was going to delete this because it was so bloody far away, I cropped it in and tuned out some noise and this is what I got. Very last bit of light of the day.

#2    Top
Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Snowy on a fence post...boring.

I'd crop a more of the white/boring sky from the top.
Other than that excellent photo.

Save A Dolphin
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

Glad you didn't delete it. Great eye contact.

Post your work in the Photo Sharing Corner, if you Just want general comments/to share. Post in the Critiques & Feedback Corner, if you want more in depth comments. And don't forget - others would like to hear from you, too. :o)

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #4    Top
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Kot I could do that actually.

I left a little more white as I thought it was a good example of a tough exposure, but you're right.
  #5    Top
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Maidens View Post
I left a little more white as I thought it was a good example of a tough exposure...
True, it doesn't look like a nice and easy exposure, but you got it perfectly!

Save A Dolphin
  #6    Top
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Recent Photo: Water Cooler
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Definitely would've cropped it tighter, but great eye contact and from what i could tell it looked really sharp. Unfortunately it's getting late and I've gotten to the point where I can't really trust my eyes anymore.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #7    Top
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Premiere Member

I'm glad you didn't delete it Vince - the colours and colour shapes of the feathers are beautiful! I like that the owl appears to be sporting a big moustache too Well done.
  #8    Top
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Never find Snowy's boring...great shot!
  #9    Top
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: White-crowned Sp
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Nice capture with those BIG peepers staring right down the lens barrel. My, look at the size of those feet/talons....big has a humans hand! I can't believe its almost too late and I haven't been able to get out to some of the better known coastal sites of multiple sightings, although I've seen one 4-5 times at the local refuge. They'll be heading north again soon, if not already.
  #10    Top
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Member

wow, very nice.