'Larger than I' - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
'Larger than I'

We've just finished a new portfolio of New Orleans and Southern Louisiana Plantations images after a working trip to the Big Easy earlier this month. From the French Quarter's street performers and musicians, to window shopping, starving artists, food and drink, cable cars, the Garden District, to the sprawling estates west on the Mississippi - Louisiana is there for the photographic taking. We'll share a few here over the next days..

Cable Cars - St. Charles Line at Canal Street. Click on the image to see our comments at www.louisannimage.com

Thanks,

HB

Visit Our Portfolio and Daily Photo Posts at www.louisannimage.com
  #2    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: In the Shade
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: 'Larger than I'

Very nice Howard and I like your control of the Dynamic Range here, not an easy task for me.
Bill H.
  #3    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
Very nice Howard and I like your control of the Dynamic Range here, not an easy task for me.
Bill H.
Interesting comment re Dynamic Range.. We shoot raw, initial edit in CS5 PS Raw Editor and finish up w/various filters in NIK (we prefer the Tonal Contrast filter for it's incredible range.) This particular image was okay without any tonal adjustments as I recall.. CS5's Raw Editor is so powerful it almost always negates the need for other adjustments. I love it.
Thanks for your comment!
HB
Visit Our Portfolio and Daily Photo Posts at www.louisannimage.com
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisAnnImage View Post
Interesting comment re Dynamic Range.. We shoot raw, initial edit in CS5 PS Raw Editor and finish up w/various filters in NIK (we prefer the Tonal Contrast filter for it's incredible range.) This particular image was okay without any tonal adjustments as I recall.. CS5's Raw Editor is so powerful it almost always negates the need for other adjustments. I love it.
Thanks for your comment!
HB
I can agree to that, but one also has to give credit to the raw capture of the Camera itself. And the ability to read a scene and adjust settings accordingly. Without those 2 things, there would be nothing to extract with ACR.
Lovely image, and I look forward to seeing more of N.O. from you.