Lake at dusk - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Lake at dusk

I recently took this picture of the University of East Anglia (UEA) Broad (man made lake) at dusk. I was trying to use the foreground trees to provide some framing for the shot, but I'm not sure if this works too well, as the foreground elements intruded further into the frame than I ideally wanted.

Camera settings : f14, 20sec, ISO 500

Would be very grateful to hear anyone's thoughts about this, or how it could have been done better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9428b_web.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	88207  
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Premiere Member
Re: Lake at dusk

Nicely done on composition here, I like the reflections in the water
  #3    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I agree with you about the foliage. Getting just enough to do the framing without letting it overwhelm and appear cluttered might take some trial and error in each different setting you attempt this with. At lot depends on the feeling you are trying to convey and what results you're happy with.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #4    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Senior VIP Member

I agree about the foliage also, perhaps if you could move a little farther around and have the building more in view, leading the eye into the scene. That said, the reflection and overall composition of the scene is outstanding.

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
Canon 7D gripped, 5D gripped; EF 50f1.8; EF 70-200f2.8L IS, EF 28-105, EF 17-40f4L; 580 EX; other stuff.
flickr
www.southpaw-photography.com
  #5    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice_storm_3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Beautiful shot. I like the reflection and the lights

"Let your words be few, and your exposures many."
  #6    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:53 PM

Beautiful shot. I love the colours and as said above the reflection! Amazing!!
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes