Space shuttle Discovery - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Space shuttle Discovery

Took some shots of the Discovery as it passed over the Udvar-Hazy Center. Picked up the Nikon D3100 used for this the day before and I am just starting to get into photography.

This is one of my favorite shots of it, enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	861.9 KB
ID:	88208  
  #2    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: In the Shade
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Space shuttle Discovery

This is nice. The small jet kind of gives size to the shuttle and the 747. Just a tip, try cropping with the aircraft one the opposite side of the image. It will give the shuttle somewhere to go to.
Bill H.
  #3    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
This is nice. The small jet kind of gives size to the shuttle and the 747. Just a tip, try cropping with the aircraft one the opposite side of the image. It will give the shuttle somewhere to go to.
Bill H.
I disagree Bill. I like the other craft being in the pic. If parwhaz cropped that way, you wouldn't be able to see them.
  #4    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM

Thanks guys , I do have another image with the shuttle further back due to the jet moving up, but it just doesn't have the helicopter in it. Let me go find it.
  #5    Top
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I like the composition. Excellent shot.
  #6    Top
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Photographically, what's important here is the event, and the helicopter and T-38 are part of that. I think they need to be included, regardless of composition. I do think Bill makes a point about cropping, though. The empty clouds to the rear and below the T-38 don't really contribute and can be cropped. That will focus everything on the event.

parwhaz, I think you did well with a new camera. The photo is nicely exposed and everything is sharp. This is an event I would've loved to see. I'm jealous!

Tim

flickr Photostream
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Recent Photo: Trial

this quite nice... however i would have cropped it... otherwise good job
  #8    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice_storm_3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I saw this on the news...you actually got to capture it, Cool!

"Let your words be few, and your exposures many."
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things