More Pileated Woodpecker chicks - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Elite Member
More Pileated Woodpecker chicks

The young Pileated Chicks fledged the other day. These were taken that morning

http://www.ericdiller.com
  #2    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: jp2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: More Pileated Woodpecker chicks

All are good but #2 is over-the-top cute!
  #3    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Eric, it's great that you can record this behavior of our wildlife with the woodpeckers and eagles. I've only seen one pileated woodpecker in our area and I got a shot but not that great with only a 200mm lens.

Jerry
  #4    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: In the Shade
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Gotta go with Russ on the second one, what a catch..
Bill H.
  #5    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Another vote for #2 as the best in the series.
The first and last are a bit too light for my taste. All in all, a great series.

Save A Dolphin
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:43 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

Great shot. My fav is #2, but I wish it had the lighting of #4.

Post your work in the Photo Sharing Corner, if you Just want general comments/to share. Post in the Critiques & Feedback Corner, if you want more in depth comments. And don't forget - others would like to hear from you, too. :o)

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #7    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Sujata
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

These are the best I have seen so far today. You are the master of the art. Here are some of my prayers to you ...

1) Please share exif of the shots. They will be helpful for learners like me.
2) From your profile page I found that you are using Nikon camera. For these shots have you used continuous focusing (focus tacking)?
3) Please write an article in this forum about ways to achieve such sharp focus in bird shots (especially flying birds, as the focus you achieve in such shots always amazes me).