What's For Lunch - Page 2 - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#11    Top
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Recent Photo: Mr
Re: What's For Lunch

I must have taken a very similar river tour in Costa Rica that featured the "Captain" feeding Crocks.

You captured those lunging teeth with absolute clarity.

Of course the food is quickly dropped into the Crock's mouth with a safety margin. That's one advantage of my camcorder, as video is able to show the entire sequence.

I've finally got a digital still camera and am learning how to use it. Will need a ton of practice. I think the ultimate challenge would be getting a still of the food in mid-air, after it leaves the hand, and before ending up in those gigantic jaws. Perhaps this is exactly what the "Burst" function on my new camera is intended to cover.
  #12    Top
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:30 PM
Recent Photo: Hanging On To Fall
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepBerkExplorer View Post
I must have taken a very similar river tour in Costa Rica that featured the "Captain" feeding Crocks.

You captured those lunging teeth with absolute clarity.

Of course the food is quickly dropped into the Crock's mouth with a safety margin. That's one advantage of my camcorder, as video is able to show the entire sequence.

I've finally got a digital still camera and am learning how to use it. Will need a ton of practice. I think the ultimate challenge would be getting a still of the food in mid-air, after it leaves the hand, and before ending up in those gigantic jaws. Perhaps this is exactly what the "Burst" function on my new camera is intended to cover.
Just remember that there are usually no DO OVERS in their business. When practicing with your new camera perhaps try something other than a Crock to start with.
In all honesty, if this was my job, there is no safety margin big enough to satisfy me.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #13    Top
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:37 AM
Wannabe Photo Taker
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
This guy must be low man on the totem pole or he lost the bet
Agreed. Love the capture.
  #14    Top
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Wow, dude sure got in there eh? Holy cow. Nice one Garry.
Visit me here..Room57
  #15    Top
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Recent Photo: My Grandson
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I don't know about you but this is a scary picture. LOL

Great job on not fleeing the scene.

If you'd like to see more of my work you can visit my website
http://boobear9358.smugmug.com/
  #16    Top
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Recent Photo: Hanging On To Fall
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Chris - Thanks for the comment
Carl - I wonder if you have to apply for this job?
Sharna - I still check the water, even in the swimming pool, before entering.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Sponsors
  #17    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

This guy must have a death wish. I wonder how often they need a replacement for his job.

Post your work in the Photo Sharing Corner, if you Just want general comments/to share. Post in the Critiques & Feedback Corner, if you want more in depth comments. And don't forget - others would like to hear from you, too. :o)

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places