Which Software? - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Software Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Which Software?

I have used Photoshop and Lightroom in the past, but have just bought a new laptop.
The software can't be transferred, so I was wondering if there is a better editing software?

Also where can I download it from at a reasonable, not very expensive rate?

Thank youu
  #2    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Which Software?

If you had licensed versions of either software, they can be transferred. If you're looking for inexpensive, yet quality, software for editing other than the 2 previously mentioned, I'd take a hard consideration at the most recent Photoshop Elements. It can be downloaded for a 30 day trial period from www.adobe.com and, if you like it, you simply have to pay for it and get the unlock key. During the trial it is fully functional.
  #3    Top
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:43 AM

I'd stick with Lightroom and Photoshop for editing
  #4    Top
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM

[If you have canon you could use DPP for raw and after Cs6
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess8 View Post
I have used Photoshop and Lightroom in the past, but have just bought a new laptop.
The software can't be transferred, so I was wondering if there is a better editing software?

Thank youu
Better editing software than Photoshop & Lightroom? You must have some serious editing requirements.
  #6    Top
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:56 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: xmaslightsDSC_4005
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess8 View Post

Thank youu
Actually you can transfer licenses to new machines and the individual license allows up to 3 machines to be concurrently licensed for both PS and LR